Good methods in today's market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LokiSkywalker, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Also (just remembered this question), though I hate to ask this, I can't figure out how else to find out -- how much do stock traders make vs. futures traders? Anyone who's traded both? Who gets into the 6-7 figure range more often? I know not to start planning on that for a while, but I would like to know where the limits as well as the averages of incomes fall (I'm going to start with a $30k account).

#11     Apr 9, 2002
  2. Hi Loki...It sounds like your already well on the way to grasping the concept of trading. Just keep moving in the direction your going and you'll get there. For someone who's just starting out, your asking all the right questions!

Okay,Loki...concerning the "EDGE",I'm gonna give another quote from another very good book..."The New Market Wizards" (by same guy) J.D.Schwager. I'd give you my own opinion but this guy
    puts it in words a whole lot better.
    :D

"You can't win without an edge." "To have an edge,you must have a method. The type of method is irrevelant. Some of the supertraders are pure fundamentalists;some are pure technicians; and some are hybrids. Even within each group, there are tremendous variations. For example, within the group of technicians,there are tape readers (or their modern-day equivalent--screen watchers), chartists, mechanical system traders, Elliot Wave analysts, and so on. The type of method is not important, but having one is critical--and, of course, the method must have an edge."...J.D.Schwager

What he's saying is,your "edge" is a method that works for you. Find something that your comfortable with, something you believe in.

"And remember that your playing against tens of thousands of professionals. Why should you be any better?"...J.D.Schwager

I'm out there, too Loki, and I'll do everything I can to get your money before you get mine. Hope this helps.

:)

#12     Apr 9, 2002
  3. Hi, Loki...I think you would be better off trading the e-mini S&P. That's were most traders make their money.

#13     Apr 9, 2002
  4. vsisto

vsisto ECHOtrade

Loki,

The Van Buren office in Santa Monica is one of the VB offices offering our development program, which provides traders a methodology adapted to this market environment. It is a technical methodology of trading listed equities. The development and teaching is one-on-one and has no one-time charges. The program has been developed for individuals like yourself that prefer to trade their own capital and keep all of their net profits. I hope you look into it.

Vito Sisto

#14     Apr 9, 2002
  5. xtrader

xtrader

Free advice on trading profitably...

good luck...

I recommend hard work and perseverance

#15     Apr 9, 2002