Good Markets to Trade Off US Hours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lpchad, Apr 24, 2009.

1. IB offers Kospi 200 since Feb as well as the mini Hang Seng. Now why not Canola?????

#11     Apr 26, 2009
  2. ITR2744

ITR2744

I am a European trader and trade 6Y/6E. They are tradable from Tokyo open on. Nevertheless I prefer the US session as liquidity is much higher then.

#12     Apr 27, 2009
  3. Most of us who live in the Asian time zone wait until 7am in London to trade forex. Even JPY products are better behaved in European times.

If you want to trade our times then (in approx order of opening) have a look at:

SPI (aus)
    Nikkei (incl the minis and in Osaka or Singapore)
    KOSPI (korea)
    STW (taiwan)
    HSI (yes, the best, the rock'n'roller)

Everything else is a bit too thin ... and if HSI looks thin, think of it as though it trades in 5 point moves (so all those single points are just price improvement opportunities). All tradable with that best of all brokers, IB.

#13     Apr 27, 2009
  4. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

Yeah look at some of the FX futures and FX spot products, particularly those with Yen, Pound, Aussie in them.

#14     Apr 28, 2009
  5. pkts

pkts

I'm looking to start trading the STW or K200 thru IB. I was wondering what chart setup guys are using. I use Tradestation for my charting when trading the ES etc but that won't work for STW or K200. Looking into using quotetracker but it seems I can't see more than 2 days worth of intra day (the chart period doesn't go past 2 days on the drop down box)

I imagine I'll have to pay for a chart program but wanted to do bare bones until I see whether I like how the instruments trade.

Thanks!

#15     May 26, 2009