Good Malware Spyware Software

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by robbo, May 26, 2014.

1. robbo

robbo

I am setting up another Trading PC and want to protect it as well as I can. Can anyone recommend really good Malware/Spyware software for me to install on it.

2. I use,
    Spybot -Search and Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
    Trend Micro RUBotted

No problems!!

3. Dolemite

Dolemite

+1 on the Malwarebytes. They have a free version but I ended up buying it on one of my machines and I have never had a problem. .

4. birdman

birdman

Good recommendations!

If you are really concerned and really want to go all out, the best thing you can do is never visit sites other than your brokers and perhaps a few others. If you visit certain categories of sites, i recommend you reboot before using your brokers site.

If you trade big $, you might be wise to have a computer dedicated to your brokers site alone.

5. Why not Microsoft Security Essentials? Updated all time with new definitions!

6. IMO a trading system should be dedicated to trading.
    No e-mail, browser, etc.
    Just trading.

7. Bob111

Bob111

Yep . just clean OS install and components that are needed to run the platform. And put this pc on separate network(read about cascading routers)

8. wjk

wjk

I switched to this after I kept catching viruses using a big name vendor (including one on my newer 64 bit system). Found the virus using the Microsoft Security Scanner, which I use every week or so, dumped my old, basically worthless protection, and began using Security Essentials (which is free), which quarantined the culprit, and I haven't looked back. Essentials doesn't slow my system down either. I also occasionally scan with Malwarebytes free version.

On an earlier XP system, I caught the re-direct...big PAIN!!!! Finally found that one with Kaspersky free scanner.