Good jurisdiction to open a trading account?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mcheema, Jul 16, 2006.

1. mcheema

mcheema

I was wondering if someone could answer the following question.

I want to open a futures trading account and a stock trading account in a jurisdiction where trading income, dividend income and interest income are minimally taxed but want to use a broker i AM familiar with. (I am in a position where my global income is not taxed as long as i don't repatriate it)

Brokers such as Man financial, Fidelity, IB, and waterhouse are probably ok for me. Any other recommendations?

I know Man has branches in Dubai and Singapore which i will look into further.

Does anyone know how non residents are taxed on trading related gains and income in these or similar jurisdictions. I would like to have some background information before talking to these brokers.

I can't seem to find any good stock brokers for these markets that i am familiar with.

ALso are executions, commissions similar to those in UK and US if trading from an account in these jurisdictions?

Any pointers will be of great help regards.

MC

also does anyone know how short term capital gains are treated for non residents non citizens of the US?