Good job Fed!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Short of imprisonment or putting a bullet through your head, there is nothing WORSE a government can do to you than debase your currency.

It's ALL bad.

It can (and will) continue until you are effectively bankrupt.

Inflation is already (and has been for years) MUCH higher than Gummint liars claim.

#21     Sep 28, 2007
  2. JoeSixPack will tell you about inflation when he goes to the bar and pays $4 for a Bud. It's clearly out of control. You all need to....

[​IMG]

#22     Sep 28, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

How many times a day do we hear, "inflation is 2%"? You've got to be a total DUMBASS to believe that!

#23     Sep 28, 2007
  4. The USD lost 41% against the EUR in the last 5 years in a pretty steady trend. Why all this whining right now and blaming Bernanke that he single handedly damaged the US purchasing power overnight?

If we're headed for a global recession and a global equity bear market - as some here think - then the USD will likely gain in value against the EUR like in previous bear markets as capital gets withdrawn from foreign equity investments and repatriated in the US. Also, let's not forget: The US historically was often the first to go into recessions and then the first to reemerge. And thanks to very flexible labor markets and little corporate regulation (compared e.g. to Europe) it usually came out stronger than before.

How often has the US economy been declared dead? How often has a "fundamental shift" in economic world power been declared, e.g. towards Japan in the 80s? So far, the US has always come out on top. Free markets can go a long way.

#24     Sep 28, 2007
  5. Yes, it's a LOT MORE rational to believe in a conspiracy of politicians and economists on a global scale manipulating inflation numbers so they can keep "printing money".

#25     Sep 28, 2007
  6. I've been whining for seven years now. I'm way passed that. Now Im more in the semi-catatonic, nervous breakdown sitting in my rocking chair talking to the wind phase.
    I wish I could share your optimism. I agree with you that a global recession would potentially be great for the USD, but in case you haven't noticed, we're not allowed to have a recession anymore.
    Heck we're not allowed to have a little correction.

#26     Sep 28, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Thank you, great post.

#27     Sep 28, 2007
  8. Cheap dollar is good for the US economy and every benefitsd in the end. Companies make more money and profit. Consumers and shareholders benefit from cheaper goods. If you think your dollars are worthless you can go ahead and send me them to me. I accept money order, paypal, or you could just stick them in an envelope.

Also you can;t complain about losing any more money trading because 10,000 worthless dollars on bad trade isn't a loss.

#28     Sep 28, 2007
  9. Bootsie

Bootsie

:D

#29     Sep 28, 2007
  10. Good point, no corrections allowed=no opportunity.

#30     Sep 28, 2007