Good job Fed!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Right on! that's the way to combat inflation as long as you don't run up a huge water bill.

#11     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Arnie

Arnie

I think a good argument could be made that the run up in commodity prices has little to do with inflation and more to due with demand and supply. Inflation is a debasement of the currency....too many dollars chasing limited number of goods. If the prices of commodities reflect the strong demand due to hyper growth rates in BRIC, is that really "inflation"? Maybe the FED is taking that into account.

#12     Sep 28, 2007
  3. Isn't it actualy about speculation? How many people long Oil are actually taking delivery? What percent?

#13     Sep 28, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Seems as if Inflation is in check, I mean thats what they are telling us. Exclude food and energy and everything is just fine.................

:p :p :p :p :p :p

#14     Sep 28, 2007
  5. Using any form of rational arguments is futile with these gold bugs. They don't like to hear two sides to a story.

#15     Sep 28, 2007
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

if u exclude food, energy i wonder what else is basic essentials for the common people, by making oil go to 100 will bring further hardships to the masses, while wall street enjoy even larger profits and bonuses, its so sad, never thought i ever say this, matter of time the US dollar become monopoly money, what have they done, makes me want to cry

#16     Sep 28, 2007
  7. I think we can all agree the dollar is getting violated (debased) on a daily basis. There is no doubt that we are in a commodity bull mkt. The question is how long does it last, and where is the dollar and rates when the parties over. I don't think people in the fed really want to think about that at this time, they just want to keep printing money, becuase the economy is in "good" shape and there is no credit problem out there. They are just being "preemptive" again.

#17     Sep 28, 2007
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

japan did go to -ve rate once during the currency crisis in asia

#18     Sep 28, 2007
    #19     Sep 28, 2007
  10. [​IMG]

#20     Sep 28, 2007