Good grad schools for entry to prop trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bourbon84, May 2, 2011.

1. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have been trading for about a year while in college with pretty fair success (for a 20k line/paper) but I still have a ton to learn! As soon as I started trading it was nirvana and I couldn't image doing anything else with my career.

I graduating next spring and am looking to move on to a grad school that is specifically good for equity/options trading and has good prop trading exit ops. I am mostly concerned with US schools as my GI bill from my time in the Marines is cashflow positive only in US schools.

I am semi competitive with a 3.5 gpa/710 gmat from a state school.

I either way to join a prop trading firm I can start with 20k equity and go to school at night or just go to school full time.

I know the obvious awnsers are Stern, Columbia, Booth, Wharton, etc, but are they really the best for learning to prop trade.

I know Mike Bellafiore (cofounder of SMB's prop shop) went to Penn State (Smeal) and they have a trading competition there. I know Rotman is decent and holds a competition, but it is in Canada and my GI bill doesn't pay my way over there.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS/EXPERIENCES! THANKS.