Good Friday, let's talk about sacrifice

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Christians believed that Jesus sacrificed himself in order to enlighten others. Sure, at least he brought us this Friday off the work, market closed no trade no nothing. Should we thank him?

Anyhow, instead of starting a thread full of crap religious discussion to nowhere, my questions to you on this Good Friday is that what you sacrificed as a trader? Here are so many possible answers I can see, your relationships with you family, your parents, your wife, your girlfriends, your friends, your colleagues, your employees, and your competitors. Or is it your money, your time, your devotion, your health, your future, and/or your souls. Come on, let's talk about sacrifice on this Good Friday.

2. I was in IT, I gave my job to India

3. You wanna compare with Vietnam ? This what has been revealed more than 20 YEARS AFTER THE FACT ! You can guess that we will have to wait 20 YEARS ALSO FOR IRAK !

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/11nixontapes.html

The National Archives has released 10 batches of Nixon recordings totaling 2,109 hours since 1980. In all, there are about 3,700 hours of Nixon White House tapes.

Nixon installed a secret taping system in the White House. Some of those tapes later showed a White House cover-up in connection with the 1972 break-in at Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate office building. The release of those tapes, which Nixon fought all the way to the Supreme Court, eventually led him to resign in 1974 rather than face almost-certain impeachment and conviction.

Also on the tapes, Nixon and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said they wanted to get some sort of peace agreement with the North Vietnamese before Election Day 1972.

"The advantage of trying to settle now, even if you're 10 points ahead (in the polls), is you ensure a hell of a landslide, and you might win the House and increase strength in the Senate," Nixon told Kissinger in September 1972.

"The question is, 'How can we maneuver it so it can look like a settlement by Election Day, but the process is still open?'" Kissinger said. "This could finish the destruction of McGovern."

Kissinger later announced "peace is at hand" in October, but an agreement was not signed until the following January, after another U.S.-led bombing campaign against North Vietnam.

Kissinger and the Constitution
    by Howard Fast :
    http://www.trussel.com/hf/kissingr.htm
    speaking of the murder of more than a million Cambodians by the Khmer Rouge, Isaacson writes:
    "'There are only two men responsible for the tragedy in Cambodia,' Prince Sihanouk [of Cambodia chased by the Communists] has said. 'Mr. Nixon and Dr. Kissinger. Lon Nol [Communist leader] was nothing without them, and the Khmer Rouge was nothing without Lon Nol. They (Nixon and Kissinger) demoralized America, they lost all of Indo-China to the communists, and they created the Khmer Rouge.'"

"It is not simply that Nixon was inadequate to the calling of the job. Many presidents have been inadequate. It is the fact that the strange, dark personality of this man carried no influence with the public. But at least Nixon was elected.
    No one elected Henry Kissinger to anything, yet the power that he gathered into his hands exceeded that of the president; indeed, it exceeded that of the Congress. The bitter truth of it is that under the hand of Henry Kissinger, the Constitution became meaningless. "

4. funky

funky

my emotions. its kind of like riding a rollercoaster 100 times in a row. pretty soon you stop getting excited or scared and you become emotionless. not a good thing in life for you or your family. :(

5. pspr

pspr

Sorry to take your thread in the direction you didn't want it to go but I feel compelled to correct your initial statement. Jesus didn't sacrifice himself to enlighten anyone. He simply gave his life to save the world.

6. Okay. he sacrificed himself for the world. What do you sacrifice and for what?

7. Cutten

Cutten

I sacrificed the time spent trading in exchange for pleasure, profit, and freedom from having to work for a living.

8. ===========================================

Speaking of crooks like Nixon &
    Ted Kennedy who said something like he didnt believe in the God of the old Testament.

Appreciate the sacrifice of our winning armed forces including Israel, some of whom study the old testament victories ;

all gave some- some gave all !!!
    Thanks in english,merci in french.

:cool:

Like the way some eat lamb this month;
    Abraham's son Isaac said
    Behold the fire and the wood
    but where is the lamb for a burnt-offering?

Genesis 22;7. King James Version old testament.

Isaac liked venison also ;
    interesting , a low fat healthy meat some Doctors noted.

:cool:

9. I sacrificed 900,000 in fees to two prop shops...talk about bleeding...but nothin' -- nothing! -- compared to the real thing.

'cause of Him, I'll rise again, too.

#10     Apr 10, 2004