Good first book for nephew?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by snake, Mar 12, 2008.

1. snake

snake

I know questions like this have been asked a hundred times...but I'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective.

If you had to recommend one book to your nephew just to introduce him to the world of investing, knowing that he knows nothing at all, not even really what a stock is, what book would it be?

I'm looking for something that gives a basic layout of what stocks are, what different investment vehicles there are, how things work generally, etc. Just something to whet the appetite and prefarably not be too boring to put him off.

I learned about all this stuff so long ago that I wouldn't know a basic book on the subject. But, if someone newer to investing has just read a good book to get started, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Snake

2. snake

snake

Nobody has any thoughts?

Someone suggested O'Neils' (from IBD) book, but I think that's probably a little advanced for someone who doesn't even know what a stock is. I read it a while ago, but that's what I recall.

Anyone else?

3. For someone starting from scratch, the For Dummies series isn't a bad place to start.

There is an Investing for Dummies and Stock Investing for Dummies.

Good general knowledge books.

4. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

You cannot go wrong with any of Peter Lynch's books...One up on Wall St being one of them.