Good Execution?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by RickLong, Jul 19, 2010.

1. RickLong

RickLong

What firm has the best order execution in your opinion? I am not happy with my current broker and looking to find a decent firm!

Thanks for you help!

Rick

2. unless you are doing subsecond arb it makes no difference.
    If you are talking about equities in my opinion all things equal BATS is the best way to go

3. Sorry to be thick, but what is BATS?

(... other than the nocturnal flying rodent variety)

4. BATS is an electronic communications network (ECN) you can self-route your orders to if you use a broker that provides direct access trading. Other popular ECNs include ARCA (operated by the NYSE), NASDAQ, and EDGX/EDGA (Direct Edge stock exchange).

5. This lack of expertise in execution can have serious consequences. In a recent survey of senior executives at 197 companies conducted by management consulting firm Marakon Associates and the Economist Intelligence Unit, respondents said their firms achieved only 63% of the expected results of their strategic plans. Michael Mankins, a managing partner in Marakon's San Francisco office, says he believes much of that gap between expectation and performance is a failure to execute the company's strategy effectively.