Good example of why unions are stupid as all hell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, when bad things happen to people who asked for it or deserved it, I am happy that justice is dealt.

Try to get it right next time, Comrade.

#51     Nov 16, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I LOVE it! I'm keeping that picture and pulling it out ad hoc on future threads. thanks!

#52     Nov 16, 2012
  3. hughb

hughb

I was very sure that Hostess was not bluffing when they said they would liquidate if the workers did not return by the deadline they had set. Usually, when a company bluffs during a strike, they say something like "this is our best and last offer". Hostess simply said come back or we're shutting down. The union thought they were bluffing, now their members are out of work in a sluggish economy. Right before the holidays.

#53     Nov 16, 2012
  4. Pot smokers around the country are revolting. You're leagalizing pot and taking away their twinkies and ho ho's? Now that's just mean.:p

#54     Nov 16, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They've always been revolting. Now they're rebelling!

#55     Nov 16, 2012
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Some familiar posters from another thread here.

While I am not a big fan of unions, and agree that these guys got what they asked for, why so much happiness and gloating???

20K people out of work with not too many options to get a new one. Most of them have families to support.

It is actually a very sad outcome.

#56     Nov 16, 2012
  7. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fVIs0D2acgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#57     Nov 16, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

That's merely opinion.

#58     Nov 16, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And a very accurate one at that.

#59     Nov 16, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, my opinion. My feelings, too, that we're talking about. I am entitled to both.

You can offer your opinion on my feelings as well, just like I can offer my opinion that you are a clueless lemming.

So what is your point again?

#60     Nov 16, 2012