Good example of why unions are stupid as all hell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Right and your kind are constantly saying shit like that while trying to stab them in the back with your concealed hand.

#21     Nov 11, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

#22     Nov 15, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Hostess has given the strikers until the end of today, Thursday, or they will liquidate the company. 18,000 jobs will be gone.

#23     Nov 15, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good job unions!

#24     Nov 15, 2012
  5. Arnie

Arnie

I think you've posted that you run a business. Do you pay more for your labor or capital than your competitors?

#25     Nov 15, 2012
  6. Private company unions are little more than greedy extortionists and bullies.

Public employee unions are unconscionable!

All unions are morally wrong and righteously should be SHIT CANNED!

#26     Nov 15, 2012
  7. It's nothing more than backstory so that he can go "full commie" while standing on the artificial leg of a prosperous entrepreneur.

#27     Nov 15, 2012
  8. congrats to unions. well done mission accomplished, you made everyones job disappear.

Think about the people that would have gladly accepted those jobs at the rates the company was offering and been happy to been working and earning a check. Congrats unions.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Hostess Brands -- the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread -- announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.

The closing will result in Hostess' nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers' union represents around 5,000

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/

#28     Nov 16, 2012
  9. Hostess going down. Look's like it's over. Some plants will probably get bought, but those that are left will find themselves working harder for less than Hostess offered them. I know, I've been through this myself.
    I do my best to support the working man, but to go this route at this time ain't real smart. Most will go to the unemployment line and the few that are lucky enough see their divison get bought by someone else will soon find themselves wishing they would have taken the deal.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-brands-closing-good-due-122900935.html

#29     Nov 16, 2012
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Ditto,

Hostess told them what was about to happen, gave them a deadline and told them to cross the line and get back to work or else..

Bluff called, let me see your cards

#30     Nov 16, 2012