Good example of why unions are stupid as all hell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Because that would make me a democrat by definition.

#11     Nov 11, 2012
  2. employess are not creditors. How can they be? They are not owed anything because they are paid for their services up front.

maybe you didnt read the press release correctly. if the strike does not end, then everybody loses their job. so you can philosophize all you want, but you cant make your mortgage payment with philosophy.

#12     Nov 11, 2012
  3. No, not true, payroll is a debt like anything else, and the workers are treated as creditors. I think legally they're way down the list of folks who get paid, not sure about that part.
    Regardless, the union is representing the folks to whom that debt is owed. As for Hostess's threat, eh whatevs. All kinds of things get said and done in an argument.

#13     Nov 11, 2012
  4. Shrug...:D

Like the "managers" at Fannie and Freddie or the current fiscal managers of our Federal budget?

Look, we are either about jobs or not.

Imo, this country is not about retaining jobs at any price. I'm sure it is less costly to retain jobs than create jobs. How many times has Obama met with his Jobs czar - zero. As if Immelt needs a job.

No one is serious about remaining employeed for the sake of the benefits of staying employed and how the future benefit of having a job may play out.

#14     Nov 11, 2012
  5. To quote:

Source: http://www.fjc.gov/federal/courts.nsf/autoframe!openform&nav=menu1&page=/federal/courts.nsf/page/252

#15     Nov 11, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Company failure due to management error is by far the typical case.

#16     Nov 11, 2012
  7. Is that why you failed?

#17     Nov 11, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

Liberals don't realize that business does not owe them a job. It doesn't owe anybody a job. If labor doesn't want the jobs as they are offered the business has no obligation to continue employing them or even continuing the business. Period.

#18     Nov 11, 2012
  9. I'm sure it is.

Back in the day, an attempt to expand my business meant risking everything. Double or nothing. Who wants those odds? Kudos to those who expand and are successful.

#19     Nov 11, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Agreed. The entrepreneur is the best of the management class.

#20     Nov 11, 2012