'Good enough' free charting package to start out? Portfolio Workstation from 2014?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bankroll, Apr 3, 2018.

1. I wonder what 'good enough,' free charting packages can you recommend to start out with. Let's say, I'm interested in good enough, free charting packages for any markets (for educational purposes), but for real trading, to add insult to injury, I'm more interested in he exotics called crypos.

On a side note, some suggest to first demo trade, then move in a significant amount to the market (hence, the hefty monthly fees for a charting package can be accounted for from your profits), but I follow a different school of thought: I start trading relatively early with real money, but with a small amount. Hence, the hefty trading fees of a charting package cannot be accounted for, at least in the beginning. Heck, I'm a hacker type anyways; if I can do it all the way with free charting vs. paid charting, sure, the way with free charting seems to be the way to go by my trading philosophy; free as in freedom.

Oh, a mysterious person PMed me back in 2014 to offer a free premium upgrade to Portfolio Workstation. Yeah, their website looks basic, and not many results searching for this one on ET. Anyways, my forever free premium upgrade seem to have expired and the mysterious person last logged into ET back in 2015. so I'm at least without free premium Portfolio Workstation, but I thought you may recommend me something better.

2. truetype

truetype

There are dozens. I like Chartmill.