Good Deal on Trading Computer... Dell T3400

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Scataphagos, Nov 21, 2009.

1. I like what I see except for that HD. 80gig is what an average Notebook would have had .... 4 years ago. It probably is a good machine for trading. Personally I would opt for less chip and more HD space.

#11     Nov 22, 2009
  2. 80G is likely enough for a trading rig. Or, you can buy another from Newegg... a 500-640G for about $60 and use the 80G as a backup...

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. There are still 10 of these on the Outlet site. If you're interested, don't hesitate too long. These are top-notch machines (good tech support, too) and at a better price than any equivalent model and maker.

The T3400 uses C2D and C2Q CPUs... plenty good for trading, but of course there are newer i5 and i7s out today.... at significantly greater cost.

I suspect the days of the T3400 are numbered. And Dell tends to not give any warning about a model being discontinued... it's just gone one day.

FWIW...

#13     Nov 24, 2009
  4. i see the 809$ units but nothin about 3yr warranty and win7 upgrade??

thanks

#14     Nov 24, 2009
  5. It's not disclosed on the outlet site, but when you buy your purchase order will show the 3-yr warranty.

On the retail site, it indicates that the purchase of a T3400 is eligible for getting W7... you could verify both with a phone call.

Also, 21-day right to return for a full refund if it's all not to your liking.

#15     Nov 24, 2009
  6. thanks for the info...i went backed and checked the win 7 and warranty

anyone have a coupon code?

thanks

#16     Nov 24, 2009
  7. mktman

mktman

is the T3400 being phased out?
    I see there adding new model T1500

#17     Dec 12, 2009
  8. Everything I hear and say is monitored thanks to your friend George and his illegitimate Patriot Act. What does Obama have to do with this?

#18     Dec 13, 2009
  9. Better watch who you're dissin' fella.
    I never once said a kind word about Bush. And it was the surprisingly swift enactment of The Patriot Act which lead me to believe that Bush may have been duplicitous in 9/11.

Why is it that just because I despise Obama some automatically conclude I'm a Bush supporter? Can't a thinking man hate both of them assholes? (Actually, I believe a thinking man MUST hate both of them! America has been dealt a severe blow in getting our TWO WORST PRESIDENTS IN HISTORY, back-to-back.)

Haven't you noticed? Obama is trying to cement the framework for his Progressive and Libtard followers to "transform" America to go Full Commie. If you're down with that, put me on ignore... as I won't be interested in anything you have to say in the future.

#19     Dec 13, 2009
  10. Unfortunately the T1500 has fewer slots... not good for some multi-taskers and traders.

#20     Dec 13, 2009