Good day to load up today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Oct 11, 2006.

1. The futures are down over Alcoa and Genentech? Come on. Was anyone truly suprised that the demand of aluminum is down?

This is going to be the "fools drop" today. Load up today, profit on Thursday and Friday.

2. Correct again. Markets will not be alowed to go down.

3. S2007S

S2007S

the markets cant go down expect green by 1pm....most likely 12k by 3:30pm... hah..

remember this is a bull market

4. S2007S

S2007S

nasdaq is green,

5. nice call bro

6. kashirin

kashirin

well, Alcoa investors are really surprised.

if you're not surprised that means you made 6% today.

As for myself I'm currrently Dow short. I expect selloff after 3 pm
    let's see what happens

7. piezoe

piezoe

It seems to be another consolidation day. No very significant change in the S&P likely. Bulls still strong, refusing to give way to the bears. I find it difficult to trade on days like this, except for perhaps one or two trades early before the market settles down to nothing. The breadth just too narrow. I'm trading index futures right now, so if you are trading individual equities you might have a different view.

8. DaBrain

DaBrain

Yep, nothing beats that feeling like fighting the markets.

9. S2007S

S2007S

1pm and like clockwork the markets are GREEEEEN.......

10. S2007S

S2007S

it just wont stop, when i saw the dow down 40 points I was thinking this wouldnt last, why would it. By 2pm the fed minutes are due out and I think this will be the the excuse to lift the markets even higher. AA disappointed and the buying continues, it doesnt make any sense. The market looks tired and overbought. Seems they want to keep it going until the elections, then what happens after that is anyones guess. Earnings are the only thing that will keep this market up. AA was the first DOW stock to disappoint, GE announces on Friday and im sure if its a great number they will have no problem lifting the DOW to 12000 and if its a bad number they will still close it to new highs.

#10     Oct 11, 2006