Good Data Vendor for Testing?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by CharlesXT, Sep 17, 2003.

1. #11     Sep 19, 2003
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

For intraday data: www.tickdata.com

Can anybody recommend a website with free EOD historical quotes for futures (incl. bonds, metals, currencies, etc.)?

#12     Sep 19, 2003
  3. H2O

H2O

CSI has a more complete coverage of world wide markets.
    Data can be downloaded up to 10 years. (can buy more)
    If you maintain your own data, you can access all history you like.

Not bashing on Pinnacle, but they come free with my software, and I still have my CSI though.....

#13     Sep 19, 2003
  4. just21

just21

#14     Sep 19, 2003
  5. prsobel

prsobel

Having a look at TC2000 it seems that EPS figures are missing for a great many quarters for a great many securities.

The significance of this is that stock screening based upon earnings criteria becomes of little value. Further, the EPS figures are available elsewhere, just not in TC2000.

Am I missing something? I'd really like to know since TC200 seems to well thought of.

Also, the data sheets show % changes rather than the actual quarterly EPS figures. It's not possible to verify the correctness of the % change figures from basic EPS figures.

Thanks for any response.

#15     Sep 28, 2003
  6. Don't suppose anyone knows of equity price databases that include delisted companies do they?

#16     Oct 2, 2003
  7. chs245

chs245

Apparently this company does have a database including obsolete tickers:
    http://www.qaisoftware.com/software.html

To CharlesXT question:

I have heard that CGQ has the best data.

I have tested NYSE intraday day from eSignal and quote.com, and have to say that the data quality is not good enough to perform serious intraday backtesting. :mad:

Oliver

#17     Oct 2, 2003