good cramer video to watch.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gaj, Mar 15, 2007.

1. gaj

gaj

it's good because it shows what cramer is best at - explaining how the hedge funds similar to his old one worked, what was successful for him, stepping *this* side of the legal line (though some dispute that and i won't argue with them ,see 2:05 in the video) ,etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708wDFX28lc

as he said (5:15): "the mechanics of the market are more important than the fundamentals...who cares about the fundamentals?"

now, say that on mad money, and you'll lose the entire audience. and that's what he's not so good at, trying to pick stocks for longer moves he admitted it years ago in a TSCM column before it became cramer-the-brand selling mad money, books, bobbleheads, etc.

although he's got to learn...*HIT* the bid...*LIFT* the offer.

2. Good post very interesting:cool:

3. cramer has addmitted in his book that he made his money by paying extra commish almost as a bribe to get the "phone call" ahead of time about market moving news. When that loophole was closed his performance sucked as evidenced by his performance in his aa alert portfolio. you are better off in bank cds than following his advice.

4. gaj

gaj

cramer has addmitted in his book that he made his money by paying extra commish almost as a bribe to get the "phone call" ahead of time about market moving news[/QUOTE]

and that's what i was referring to, from a piece he penned in TSCM. it said basically "you're a better long term investor than i am, but you can't be a better trader because GS calls me before the upgrade and they don't call you".

5. um thats called insider trading and nothing was done?

6. it was shady but legal back then. as soon as they changed the law cramer retired.

7. So if he got 5 of these tips a year and each time he made 4% per upgrade/downgrade ..that explins his returns at the funds give or take some losses and gains

what a douchebag

8. he also had a little game going with cnbc where he would get positioned and then tip the commentators off and they would run with the story.

9. Pacridge

Pacridge

Oh come on, ya gotta admit he's still making a ton of money... selling books.

Not sure who's the bigger clown on daytime TV him or Dr. Phil. At least with Dr. Phil all you lose is your lunch.

10. gaj

gaj