Good charting for Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by shortskirt, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Many of the charting software that come as part of the FX brokers totally blows. The best i've seen of the web based ones is probably the dealbook software from GFT Forex but it's very limited. What options are there for Forex traders who want more advanced charting? Are people using Tradestation and eSignal?

2. Loads of options. Ensign, ToS, ProRealTime, Sierra Chart, MT4, TS, etc., etc.

Where have you been for the last 5 years? Under a rock :)

3. Yes, there are many options, even for free. Guessing it depends what good charting means in your book.

Mt4 sucks if you use multiple monitors and doesnt even have a decent quoteboard. A good free solution is Ninjatrader 7 + MBTrading.

Personally i use Neoticker. Others may have equally good charts, but i don't know any other software with equally flexible and programmable quoteboards and tables. I dont even use excel much anymore. Its not free tho.

4. bstay

bstay

i use Dealbook360 and TradeStation side-by-side. TradeStation is easier for multi-monitors and have many nice features that DealBook360 lacks.