Good Chance market near a short term low.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgabriel, Oct 12, 2005.

1. this low had almost nothing to do with refco --- there will not be a higher high and the rest of the year will be stuck in the range with probable range extension to the downside.

#41     Oct 14, 2005
  2. Babak

Babak

This shoud be good. AMG reports that net flows to equity mf were negative for 7 straight weeks. Last time that happened? April 2003 !! :D

#42     Oct 17, 2005
  3. Pardon my candor sir, but even a blind monkey could differentiate between April 2003 and October 2005. In case you need a refresher, the Fed was still in the process of pumping liquidity into the system following the 2 year decline into the lows of March 2003. Therefore, you had a skiddish public that was acting just as the public should at major inflection points. However, that is clearly a different scenario than now.

Unfortunately, one must assume you are long the market from higher prices.

#43     Oct 17, 2005
  4. Babak

Babak

You're using the straw man fallacy. I didn't equate April 03 with Oct 05. I simply pointed out a piece of fund flow data. Any and all assumptions you make are your own and you know what they say about assumptions.

I'm just following what the TA tools tell me. What will be will be.

#44     Oct 17, 2005
  5. With all due respect sir, we are not on the Hannity & Colmes show. Clearly you are drawing parallels between now and April, 2003. Once again, you must be long from higher prices.

#45     Oct 17, 2005
  6. Why would one assume Babak is long and in the red since he appears to have a long bias?

What's a jackbyrd, a variation of a jackass?

#46     Oct 18, 2005
  7. Babak

Babak

#47     Oct 18, 2005
  8. I can clearly understand your hostility today sir. It appears you have also been victimized by the capriciousness of this market. One must also assume you are long from higher prices. Good day.

#48     Oct 18, 2005
  9. No up trading days on the S&P on above 60d ema volume so far yet in October

That makes the bulls 0-12

Bearish down days on above average volume are 9-12

hmmmmmmm

Clearly the big boys are selling in the fourth quarter.

#49     Oct 18, 2005
  10. babar, not only are you a stool, but you seem to suffer from lithium capital's "everyone is rubberbird" mentality. You bragged how close you were with Baron (despite the fact he FIRED you as chit chat moderator), so why don't you ask him how many handles I have.

The answer is 1. And i've had 1 handle ever since 4/20/04

Hey Jackbyrd, babar is well known as one who never makes a prediction, yet somehow thinks he's above it all and can criticize. He's done this with Jack Hershey, rubberbird etc etc. If you want to be a hero of babar's, just be a sleazy vendor and shill like Tony Oz. Babar will then quote you as an all-time great trader, as he embarrassingly did on a recent trading thread!

Bottom line: dgabriel is a monkey, and was a moderator, and will blindly stick up for babar. It's unfortunate, but the slime looks out for each other on ET.

#50     Oct 18, 2005