Good chance Market near a short term high.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgabriel, Nov 22, 2005.

1. I agree. I wouldn't count on a reversal to happen during Thanksgiving week and also noticed that price movements are more easily misinterpreted during periods of low volume when many players are momentarily stepping aside.

#31     Nov 23, 2005
  2. First off, your "S&P is Topping This Week" thread of 3 months ago turned out to be a complete waste of time, and completely WRONG. The market has since roared to new 4.5 year highs but you will never admit to as much. Your fragile ego wouldn't permit it.

Second of all, you never even came on ET to mention anything about calling for a tradeable low in October. Please feel free to show everyone where you bought in, eh???

Instead, you have watched this ENTIRE 80 handle rally sitting on the sidelines, playing on ET and rolling around in your Mattel Big Wheel in your parents driveway.

Once again, you and your half-dozen personalities and aliases continue to litter ET with complete egotistical drivel.

You are a legend in your own mind.

#32     Nov 23, 2005
  3. Interestingly enough, the CBOE Put/Call ratio continues to show skepticism of the advance with a reading of 1.05 today.

:)

#33     Nov 23, 2005
  4. You are looking at the total P/C ratio, which includes index options. The equity P/C ratio is 2-1, reflecting optimism.

#34     Nov 23, 2005
  5. I'm starting to see a lot of my indicators setting up for a quick swing trade to the short side.

I would bet that any short taken right now would be profitable by Monday.

#35     Nov 23, 2005
  6. Babak

Babak

I agree (again) with dgabriel. I'm lightening up on longs. Especially those that have acted sluggish. For example, I sold ITU on its gap up last week. I'd really like for this rally to continue but most internals that I watch are saying its come to full maturity. Doesn't mean you sell all longs or go short, just that you lighten up a bit and tighten the stops.

#36     Nov 23, 2005
  7. there is no point shorting now if not for a quick drop that will be bought right away, even if this turns to be a suckers rally it will just hang around at the highs for a while before dropping probably not before late December or January.

#37     Nov 23, 2005
  8. This weekly objective continues to look good.
    Again, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody!

http://scienceview.berkeley.edu/view/

:)

#38     Nov 23, 2005
  9. I'm out of my short with a few points..

Too many bulls around to get greedy

As Stevie Miller knows...
    Go on take the money and run

They got the money, hey
    You know they got away
    They headed down south and they're still running today

Singin' go on take the money and run
    Go on take the money and run

#39     Nov 23, 2005
  10. I think this rally will continue until end of the year then maybe sideways in January. Not to say money can't be made taking the short position.

I shorted YM before the close so we'll see how that goes when trading resumes. Tight stops as always.

#40     Nov 23, 2005