Good Canadian broker??

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by c_verm, Nov 27, 2003.

1. and 1¢/share for Questrade

#11     Nov 28, 2003
  2. paradox

paradox

Only for the first 500 shares. Then it's 0.01.

#12     Nov 29, 2003
  3. As far as I can tell the best is Questrade with a flat $17.95 can. for UNLIMITED shares of Canadian stocks that trade under $3. with no min. trades. :eek:

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. lescor

lescor

Will Questrade (or any other canadian broker) let you sell short stocks under $5?

#14     Dec 20, 2003
  5. As far as I know yes Questrade will let you short under $5. I called them and if the stock is available to short you can do it.
    But best to call yourself. Any other Quest users here?

#15     Dec 30, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Questrade has ECN fees, exchange fees as well as 'platform' fees which IB does not.

Also TDW (Cdn) has per share fees on top of their 'flat fee' of $29

#16     Dec 30, 2003
  7. It depends what platform. I trade an account using Questrade's WebTrader. That is the price I quoted. $17.95 flat for cheap Canadian stocks with NO ecn fees. And I don't pay ECN fees for US stocks. Apples to oranges you are comparing. ;-)

#17     Dec 31, 2003
  8. if you are client of canadian broker and if you day trade us stock, do you need us$25000 min. requirement to day trade or not?

#18     Dec 31, 2003
  9. Could you supply to us the fee for Webtrader, because on the Questrade website we don't have any information about their fee for this platform:

1) You seem to say that they use a flat fee, is it true for any size of stock (as penny stock with a large order size?)?
    2) Do you have platform fee?
    3) Do you have a minimum trading activities monthly for to have these price?
    4) can you trade canadian option with that?
    5) What are option fee (US and Cnd)?
    6) can you trade Future with this platform?

#19     Jan 1, 2004
  10. This depend which broker you have, when the clearing house is Canadian, it seem that everything are right and that no PDT is apply, some example that I know:

No PDT:
    -TradeFreedom
    -JitneyOnline
    -DisnatDirect
    -Etrade Canada
    -Maybe Questrade - but for their CyberTrader partnership I don't know how CyberTrader handle it? For their Prop Trading this is right, for their Webplatform this seem also right;

With a PDT flag:
    -Interactive Brokers Canada
    -Ameritrade Canada

Don't know
    -Golden Management @ Montreal?
    -Swifttrade status?

#20     Jan 1, 2004