Good bye Rick Santorum, and Good Riddance!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by piezoe, Feb 23, 2012.

1. piezoe

piezoe

What I heard last night was that he was a team player. I interpreted that to mean he would scratch your back now so long as you agreed to scratch his back later; in other words he unwittingly admitted to being a typical unprincipled Washington politician. This will go right over the heads of most of his avid supporters, the "Christian" right wing of his party, but surely it's the death knell for any chance of being elected in a general election.

"Typical Washington Politician" -- isn't this the exact opposite of what the unwashed masses wing of the Republican Party is indicating they want?

Mittimus Pontius Pilate Romney nailed him last night.:D

2. That was one of the very few intelligent things Santorum has said recently. You have to compromise in government, you have to make deals, it is just the way it is and it will ALWAYS be that way. The president has to work with others, he isn't a king. The country is made up of some nuts on the far right and some nuts on the far left with a whole lot of people in kinda the middle with all different views and needs. Compromise is the only way, unless of course you want to be ruled by a king or something.

3. piezoe

piezoe

While it is impossible to disagree with you, do you really think that what Santorum said is what his particular constituency wants to hear, but more importantly what the potential supporters he doesn't have in his pocket yet want to hear? It seems to me that what the electorate wants right now is anything but business as usual in Washington, no matter how unrealistic that may be. (I'm lousy at predicting political outcomes, by the way.)

4. rew

rew

Compromise is what got us into this mess. What happens if you don't compromise? The worst case -- no new laws. Fine. What happens if you do? More bad laws.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Exactly..... compromise ends up with the worst of both worlds....

You end up cutting taxes at the same time you are putting on new entitlement programs, and then these dipshit politicians scratch their head and wonder how in the world we got to 1.5 trillion dollar deficits....

6. The annoying thing about Santorum is that he is very quick to denounce others for some less than 100% ideologically pure position, yet he has a background filled with massive compromises and outright capitulations. Glass house, stones.

7. Rick Santorum was never going to be the nominee. The nominee was decided back in '09.

8. jem

jem

I am holding out, until one of these republicans comes out with a Congress proof plan.

Mitt says he will cut taxes by 20%... yeah right congress will get bought off and the only people getting screwed will be the half of the country which pays taxes... by the time bohner and his boys are done negotiating.

We need a Congress Proof plan.

Something like 7% flat tax... No loop holes no lobbying no bribing congress.
    Govt Programs have to to be redesigned to be Congress Proof

9. byteme

byteme

I agree, dictatorship is the only way forward...

Just kidding.

10. Except even kings and dictators have to compromise. Unless you live life as a hermit there will be compromise.

#10     Feb 24, 2012