Good bye, Nintendo. The stock plunges after announcing low Pokemon Go impact.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by felixbocharov, Jul 25, 2016.

1. The quickest bubble story ever.

felixbocharov likes this.
  2. optonly

optonly

Honestly tho, after last week's candle finished, who would really stay in a long position?

3. marsman

marsman

The investor relations section of Nintendo failed miserably.
    How can a manager make such a stupid statement like "the game’s financial impact will be limited" :)

"Nintendo Co. shares plunged by the most since 1990 after the company said late Friday that the financial benefits from the worldwide hit Pokemon Go will be limited.
    The stock sank 18 percent to 23,220 yen at the close in Tokyo, the maximum one-day move allowed by the exchange, wiping out 708 billion yen ($6.7 billion) in market value. After debuting in the U.S. earlier this month, Pokemon Go launched in Japan on Friday and became available in Hong Kong on Monday."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. definitely one of them :D

5. I have no idea, but I read some bullish comments here.

6. PJGTR19

PJGTR19

It was inevitable. You have to think about the audience using Pokémon Go or other social media apps/games. I've never used it and won't ever use the app but I am, sadly to say, part of that "target" audience all of these fad apps go after; millennials. Millennials have the attention span of a moth. An app, a product, a service hits the market and everyone needs to be a part of it. But it doesn't last long. It loses its novelty so fast and so violently that 3 months down the line, it's nearly obsolete. Millennials have this insatiable desire to connect through technology, not through face-to-face, honest human interaction. With that being said, we'll see a bunch more similar apps/games being created especially with the rise in virtual reality. Pokémon Go will be dead as soon as the next app is born that diverts attention to it with great influence. Being a millennial, I've experienced this first hand. Slowly but surely, at least in my area, Facebook is becoming known as the "old" or obsolete version of social media and connecting online for millennials. I think more of my friend's parents are on Facebook than my actual friends are. Snapchat may last a bit longer than most other social media apps considering it feeds into our inability to concentrate for more than 30 seconds at a time by showing us 30 second videos of peers.

Just as a side note; I'm pretty off the grid for a millennial (21 yo.) No Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat. I'm convinced these apps destroy individualism or what we know as individualism at its core. And I can tell you one thing from staying relatively off the grid in terms of social media; I've never been more happy.

Side Note #2: If you're interested in the subject of social media and the changes seen in millennials in terms of personality and individualism, read Reclaiming Conversation by Sherry Turkle.

7. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's a free game, with In App purchases so yes limited 99% of players won't spend 1p on it after all.