Good Bye ET from Brandonf

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Its some of that, I've admitted as a much a bunch of times.

In my case though it was really just to let people know what happened. Since it's well known that my health has not been good, and a lot of people here have taken me and my family into their thoughts and prayers, I also don't want people to worry that I've stopped posting because something has happened.

Something has happened, but only that I realize my time is too valuable to keep spending it at a place where, at least for me, the negative value is starting to exceed the positive.

So anyway. That's all, I'm always late and I guess late in leaving too.

It is not easy though because I have a lot of good friends here, and i like Baron etc. I feel like I'm letting folks like TZ win, but at the same time I have to come to my senses and realize that my time is worth more than this. If I had an employee who spent so much time on something that gave us nothing in return as I have lately on ET I'd fire them...so.......

#11     Apr 20, 2009
  2. LOL, you're right. :p

Especially when he leaves ... and then comes back and posts his lame-ass reason for leaving! :eek:

Anyhow, he made some good posts, and he was a spammer at the same time. :)

And as far as his personal situation is concerned, I really don't like it when people come on here and start putting their personal business out in the street like that, we all have our crosses to bear, it doesn't have to all be put out in public like that.

#12     Apr 20, 2009
  3. Brandonf...I have enjoyed reading your comments..

#13     Apr 20, 2009
  4. #14     Apr 20, 2009
  5. Sucks that words bother you so much. Wouldn't it be great if ET had this feature called "ignore" and it would shut out all the people you didn't want to hear from...:D Wouldn't it also be great if what other people said didn't matter...

Oh, too bad none of that is possible :(

#15     Apr 20, 2009
  6. Dude you just want people to come to your side and take to your defense. You are playing internet forum games trying to drum up support against your perceived enemies.

Let it go. You are getting snively and worked up over nothing.

Don't get pissy about somebody calling you names on an internet forum. It's just ridiculous.

Go listen to some good tunes, maybe burn some doobage(it's good for cancer patients)....

#16     Apr 20, 2009
    • Time stamp of Brandonf's "last" post 04-19-09 11:25 PM.
    • Time stamp of the return of Brandonf 04-19-09 11:58 PM
    • 33 minutes difference
    This must be a record for someone posting that they are leaving ET and the time they came back.

#17     Apr 20, 2009
  7. Thanks for the free mentoring. :(

#18     Apr 20, 2009
  8. Funny, now that you mention it. The constant posts and updates about his medical condition. The threads with things like "DO YOU WANT TO LEARN FROM A GURU (BRANDON)??" This now is a sympathy thread.

I am not going to feel any remorse from trying to get him to stop the constant spamming and reputatation/brand building.

All he would have to is stop trying to use ET as his personal Marketing springboard to "wealth"

He tries to paint people who want him to stop the spamming in the negative. His self-denial is huge.

Bottom line - if you plan to continue to promote yourself, then GET LOST. If you plan to contribute like a normal ET citizen, then WELCOME.

But knock off the sympathy tour. He will be back as Brandon or under another alias. He cannot afford to shut off the free publicity.

#19     Apr 20, 2009
  9. EricP

EricP

Brandon,

Sorry to see you go.

I have felt the same way at times. It's a rare occasion when a quality poster, with many years of trading experience and success decides to create and contribute to a new thread for the benefit of their fellow trader. Unfortunately, the reward for this is often seeing the results of their time and effort being crapped upon by a variety of losers that don't have a clue about trading, and have no respect for others.

When this happens, I tend to just stop posting and back away from the circus of ET. It's a pity that Baron hasn't found a better way to prevent quality threads from being destroyed. I would still strongly recommend he allow the OP to moderate their own threads, as a way to 'fix' this problem (even if this power was only applied to the Journal section).

Anyway, best of luck. I hope not to be following you out the door, but certainly agree that ET has lost much of it's value for traders.

#20     Apr 20, 2009