Good broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by sharp10, Feb 14, 2006.

1. sharp10

sharp10

I am in search of a good online firm. Was considering going prop but I want to stick to retail for now.
    Could anyone suggest any solid firms?
    I have looked the reviews but many of them are date 2004 and older.
    Starting capital about 100K and decent daily volume.

Thanks to all.

2. look deeper....last reviews are on Jan 06...well, to be precise the latest is on 01/02/2006

3. sharp10

sharp10

thanks Bitstream. I would still like to ask you what do you personally think it is/are good firm.
    Thanks

4. If u trade stocks and futs contracts IB is the best: no brainer

5. alanm

alanm

What do you trade and how much of it? Do you scalp or position trade? Do you need an API to interface with some kind of custom trading spreadsheet/application? These things will better qualify your choices.

6. sharp10

sharp10

Thanks guys.
    I mostly trade listed and naz. Options at times. Also some S&P fut.
    No overnight positions.
    I would like the choice of having an API yes.
    As far as volume anywhere I am not quite sure as I only recently decided to go on my own.

thanks again.

7. citrus

citrus

I'm potentially looking for a firm as well. I trade futures - currency, interest rate, energy and metals. Unforunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of places that give net access to all the international markets. I'm low frequency and will be placing mostly market on open and market on close orders, so a speedy interface is irrelevent. I tried MAN, but their interface technology is abysmal. The trading interface is terrible, as is the separate account inerfaces (I do mean plural. They seem to rely on a hodge podge of junk). Xpresstrade is the only other place I've found that does worldwide markets. They seem very competent, but I can't find mention of them anywhere on this site. Any recommendations? Any thoughts on the above? Any help would be appreciated.

8. alanm

alanm

citrus: IB may fit your needs.

9. ids

ids

10. IB, hands down. I just started with them and am blown away by how good it is.

#10     Feb 16, 2006