Good Broker for new daytrader...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by who281, Jan 3, 2009.

1. hcking

hcking

check out T4 by CTS - cheap and realiable platform

#11     Jan 7, 2009
  2. tomu

tomu

I am not sure what you actually mean when you say you are a very active trader. But you might want to consider per share commissions instead of per trade. You should use excel and your past 2 months trade data to do some math to figure out what is the best deal for you.

For per trade pricing :

I think Justtotrade is the cheapest $2, but have read on here that the software isn't built for active trading.

I believe Ameritrade still has a $5 a trade deal with Quotetracker which is good deal for per trade pricing and a good software.

For per share pricing:

I would recommend Efficient Executions if you trade more than 100,000 shares a month. Otherwise if you trade less than that you will have to pay a $250 software fee each month. But if you do trade over 100,000 shares a month then they have the lowest rates and good customer service.

If you trade less than 100,000 shares a month then IB is your best bet for per share pricing. Just make sure you read the fine print, most firms will offer a per share deal but there will be a minimum charge per trade. Some charge a minimum or $4 per trade on per trade pricing which is a horrible deal. IB's minimum is $0.70 per trade which isn't bad. But if you do alot of 100 share trades then that minimum adds up very quickly resulting in a bad commission rate. The firm I spoke of above has a per trade minimum of only $0.10.

So take these numbers and plug them into a spreadsheet and figure out which is the best deal for you.

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. LOW COMMISSIONS AT LIGHTSPEED.

#13     Jan 8, 2009
  4. Which is better lightspeed or IB ?

#14     Jan 8, 2009
  5. I see lot of people don's use margin here , I do. That's why I chose just2trade 3 1/2 % , they gonna have a new platform in any day.

#15     Jan 8, 2009