Good books on option selling?

Discussion in 'Options' started by crgarcia, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Prevail

Prevail Guest

gotta love the serious answer to the non serious question.

#11     Aug 2, 2008
  2. Garcia , seriously , what is wrong with you ? What’s up with all threads that you starting ? You asking “Any option sellers, here on Elitetrader?” while 99% of all options posts on ET are about SELLING and not buing ?

#12     Aug 2, 2008
  3. Nope, most people here at ET BUY options.

Anyhow you can believe anything you want, I don't want to argue, it gets annoying...

#13     Aug 2, 2008
  4. garcia:

you should have started your trading career by selling premium. The least difficult game to learn. You are in the right direction.

#14     Aug 3, 2008
  5. cdowis

cdowis

Ok, there is one fairly good author on options. Any book by Dave Caplan. He doesn't have the hype of other authors, but he got me started in option trading.

He is really good at explaining the different strategies. Perhaps out of date, but he goes over the basics very well.

After Caplan, Dan Sheridan is coming out with a book which should give you more advanced ideas.

#15     Aug 4, 2008
  6. drcha

drcha

I recommend McMillan's books. They are written in very clear language. Also agree with the poster who recommended CBOE free videos.

Mary

#16     Dec 21, 2008
  7. McMillan is great...

I like Stuart A Johnston's "Trading Options to Win"..

Not for a beginner, but for someone who has a good grasp of the basics...

#17     Dec 21, 2008
  8. There was a very interesting blog of a guy who was writing ES options. He had 18 plus profitable months.

The entry on the blog around 10.10.08 was something like this:

Yes you all know my positions and I did have a substantial loss. I am not going to tell you the exact number for psychological reasons. I will take a brake for while and see what I will do next.

Big negative gamma will get you sooner or later.

One way to do it is to bet big few times and hope you will win and then if you do quit forever. But in this case why not Vegas with drinks and all...

#18     Dec 21, 2008
  9. You must be doing something wrong :) The only people who need that book are my customers who just saw the value of the options they bought from me a few days ago decay by 43.46% :) (correction now 46.22)

#19     Dec 22, 2008
  10. dmo

dmo

Well, I think I wrote that last August. Overall since then, you must admit that choice of books for would-be premium sellers has proven quite useful!

#20     Dec 22, 2008