Good books on option selling?

Discussion in 'Options' started by crgarcia, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Suggestions?

2. dmo

dmo

Indigestion: Living Better with Upper Intestinal Problems from Heartburn to Ulcers by Henry D. Janowitz

3. Prevail

Prevail Guest

just read the raging debates here, best edumacation in the world.

4. cdowis

cdowis

Look at the free webinars at cboe.com.

5. Yep, you'll learn more about it from debates on these forums than any book out there.

6. you might want to check out

www.optionsphysics.com

it's free and there's quite a few useful videos there

also check the book reviews here on ET

7. Joe

Joe

8. opt789

opt789

"Good books on option selling?"
    "Any option sellers her on ET?"
    "Pros seldom buy options?"

Non stop genius by cgarcia.

What next - "Please give a me a detailed explanation of how I can just sell some options and collect that oh so pretty premium and sit back and rake in the dough, because I don't want to actually take the multiple years of hard work it takes to actually learn how options work."

Option "Pros" don't "do" any one thing.

This past year has been one of the better opportunities in the history of the stock market to make extraordinarily high returns, and all I see are people asking how to sell options and sit back, or use options to increase their leverage even though they don't know how to trade.

If you learn how to trade, then learn everything about options, it is possible to make multiple times what any newbie trader thinks he can make selling options and take a fraction of the risk.

Is there anyone left on this website that thinks it is getting more moronic by the day?

9. cdowis

cdowis

The answer to your question is.................

no.

Learn the basics on cboe.com, start small and become a self-taught expert in your chosen strategy. Most experts couldn't trade themselves out of wet paper bag.

That's why they write books.

Takes about two to three years, if you keep your losses small.

10. Selling options is not a get rich quick scheme.

Selling options is used by pros to get modest returns during otherwise hard to trade markets (usually ranging markets).

#10     Aug 2, 2008