good books for a new day trader...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by xdiesel123x, Aug 20, 2009.

1. You might check out "A Beginner's guide to Day Trading Online... 2nd Edition by Toni Turner... decent and has quizes to test what you have learned throughout the book. Yes, sometimes tests are actually a good thing. ;)

#11     Aug 23, 2009
  2. Open a demo trading account and sit in front of the computer and trade if you want to learn how to trade.

You'll thank me later.

#12     Aug 25, 2009
  3. Surely you jest! LMAO!!!!

#13     Aug 25, 2009
  4. copa8

copa8

:p :D

#14     Aug 25, 2009
  5. best advice posted on this thread. what i shoulda said :D

#15     Aug 25, 2009
  6. A couple of suggestions:

take is slow in the beginning. Watch the market for months while experimenting in a paper account and reading.

Here is one book that I found useful. It's more about what profitable trading "looks like", than day trading. Don't let the title turn you off.

http://www.amazon.com/Trade-Your-Wa...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251219145&sr=1-1

Remember that trading is a game of probabilities; the sooner you accept that, the sooner you have a chance of success. There is no magic "one thing to do".

#16     Aug 25, 2009
  7. CTan

CTan

If you are a total newbie,you can probably read this book so you can realize common trading mistakes you do :

http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Day-Trading-Game-Techniques/dp/0471738239

Its written by Tom Busby.

I was however disappointed as it doesn't talk too much on techniques which new traders must focus on developing to get an edge.

Most of the book was advertising for author's seminars/training/software.

Covers most basic concepts but if you are looking to buy,buy used(the reviews on Amazon in my opinion are way way hyped to give this book 4/5 stars).

Just my 2 cents.

#17     Aug 25, 2009
  8. nothing funnier than someone who condems another based on spelling, and errors in their retort :D

#18     Aug 25, 2009
  9. JScott

JScott

Mastering the Trade by John Carter is probably the best for a new guy.

Am I John Carter follower? Nope
    Do I think you will make easy money after reading it? Nope
    Do I think reading a book replaces hours and hours of actual experience? Nope

I recommend it because it has good details about many various setups with entries/exits/money management. If you sit in front of a screen and start staring at prices without context, that won't help you. You need to read and learn price action with certain concepts in mind - ie, you need to anchor your beliefs.

Keep trading.

JScott

#19     Aug 25, 2009