Good book

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, Apr 25, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

is this book a good o veto start Greeks?Trading Options Greeks: How Time, Volatility, and Other Pricing Factors Drive Profits and the second edition as well ?

2. It's obviously a good book. The question is, if you've already learned that several times when you learned the basics of options, do you need to go into detail on it again?

3. met1989

met1989

It’s the first time I’m actually reading a book about options

4. Go to Tastytrade.com and take their tutorial on options strategies. OPtions Alpha is another good site for learning the various approaches.

5. met1989

met1989

If I would be a powerful person the first thing I would do is close those websites there full of crap and misleading I formation

6. drmark27

drmark27

What is misleading about TT?

7. Doobs789

Doobs789

95% of options books are garbage. Here’s the ones that aren’t;

-Hull (the Bible)
    -Volatility Trading by Euan Sinclair. The only book geared toward the practitioner and not the academic.
    -Option Market Making by Baird
    -Rebonato
    -Haug is good reference

Hardest part is going from theory to actual trading. Everyone loses their first time.

It’s akin to playing paintball to prepare for live combat. Everything changes when there’s real bullets whizzing over your head.

8. jamesbp

jamesbp

Honesty and transparency
    ... have they ever properly disclosed whether their trading is profitable

9. met1989

met1989

They make an illusion that if u place an iron condor on any stock or a butterflies on any stock u will make money those two option spreads are very very complex

10. Yes, you have to realize that internet traffic is money and they need content to do that. Sadly, the content is mostly fluff.

#10     May 7, 2019