Good book recommendation for trading and/or investing?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Saltynuts, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Lots of them suck which means you can buy whatever you want and they're all the same. Here's what I said about books in another thread.

Yes. I had a library full but sold them all because they were all worthless once I got past the beginner stage. Cherry picked charts with indicators. An obligatory chapter on psychology. Money management, never risk more than 2% of your account on a trade. Stop for the rest of the month if your drawdown hits 6%. That kind of thing.

A lot of them are all the same. Come into my trading room is famous but there's nothing helpful in it. All trading books tell you what to do but they're not specific enough so that when it doesn't work you can't say I want my money back.

#11     Feb 9, 2018
  2. So, 1a2b, got any suggestions?

#12     Feb 10, 2018
  3. cvds16

cvds16

Nothing like screen time in front of your PC watching charts and writing down in a diary what you see as setups. Then keep on improving when you see a setup that doesn't fullfill your expectations. It's a really long proces and it could take you years to get it. But hey, then again, nothing comes for free in life.

#13     Feb 10, 2018
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. Xela

Xela

Must say I agree with all of that; most of them are pretty bad.

There are a few exceptions, of course.

Then again, personal opinions are always going to vary, I suppose (for example, I happen to think the Mark Douglas book mentioned above is just about the worst I've ever seen, myself ... even the really caustic and critical 1* reviews of the book on Amazon don't describe what a waste of paper it is, in my opinion. If we ever have a thread on "trading books to avoid", that one would probably be the top of my own list).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    #14     Feb 10, 2018
  5. ET forum

#15     Feb 10, 2018
  6. I kid you not. mainstream: the pilgrimage by paulo coelho. slightly off mainstream: the tibetean book of living & dying

why? after you read ALL the trading books of fanciful cci index + macd divergence stars must align, you will come to realise simple lines & behaviour behind the actions of participants are what works. draw simple trendlines/ ranges. trade the reaction. that's it. it's like striving for enlightening in a buddhist context. you can read about how others are doing it, but you have to experience your own journey. 10k hours to master trading w/o good mentors. the books above will aid you discover yourself way faster & reach trading enlightenment

follow the white rabbit, n in doing so, always remember why you are following the white rabbit in the first place. wait.. do you know why you are following the white rabbit?

#16     Feb 10, 2018
    777 and Xela like this.
  7. volpri

volpri

yes, i know why i follow the white rabbit.

“He who runs after two rabbits will catch neither”

#17     Feb 10, 2018