good book on futures trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by janko, Oct 4, 2001.

1. janko

janko

hey guys, sorry to bug you but i needed some input on some good book on futures trading, any suggestions. I used the search on this board which really rocks! but couldnt find much, and the book review didnt have any books on futures. I think i might give futures a shoot. I feel pretty comfortable with predicting the short term moves and psychology of the mkts, of course no crystal ball, but i guess call it a gut feeling, and with proper risk management i might have a shoot at it. so any help would be appreciated. thnx a bunch

2. Market Wizards

3. janko

janko

i guess i probably dont need another technical analysis book, i have a nice library of those but something that would give me a bit more info on how the futures mkts work, i read all i could on the web, but certain things liek in the stock mkt you trade first hour or so, then take a break and then the last half hour of the day. you know that kind of information. thnx guys/girls:D

4. wrote the "Live the dream by profitably day trading stock Futures"
    Cheesy title but he made $2200 into $100,000 in ten years never
    had a down months. must get it on aamazon (used) out of print.
    You may want to also check out Larry Williams - electronic
    futures book. (can't recall the title)
    Ever since the nasdaq mania futures trading and books were
    taken the back seat to stock trading and EDAT trading. But rest
    assured these are the best you can find (even if a bit dated)
    lot's of silly books are out there - explaining the contracts and leverage etc. some charts....
    with a sprinkle of TA - guarantee to lose big dollars if novice.:eek:

5. Go to Linda Raschkes web site and read "Trading the S&P futures" article. Its a book in a few paragraphs. While your there, read the rest of them too.:)

6. janko

janko

nicodemus, do you have the specific link, i went to m gordon.com but i couldnt find that particular article. or does she have a different site? thnx

7. janko

janko

Thank YOU sir, this is what i was looking for. Ok back to studying i go. Oh and i also got the mkt wizards book, hey 15 bucks on amazon, i say its money well spent. thnx for all your help

8. "with some exception it's not a bad idea to take profits early"
    With a guy trading one contract (and believe you me) you should
    NEVER touch more unless you have some serious money and
    not too shy on taking losses - you cant sell half your position to
    take a little profit.
    I find her comment strange. I know "where she is coming from"
    but with trailing stops you should let your profits ride as much as
    possible. Her point I guess is the indecies trade 7/24 and after hours market the manipulation is heavy. Stops don't work !!!! But
    despite this you should jump on taking a loss, not a profit as a
    rule !!!!!!

#10     Oct 6, 2001