Good beginner trading book?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mentorgen, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Hi John,

I don't understand...

If your the teacher (mentor)...what's preventing you from creating basic info for your students to read that supports whatever other trading material you have given them so far ???

I'm sure the basic info you write will be much better than some book that's already on the market unless your trying to make the class work look more formal via an actual book that's already on the market.

NihabaAshi

#11     Jul 28, 2005
  2. it's pointless for me to give someone material that i wrote, when they have no clue what the bid and ask are even. that's why i want them to read a book that teaches them the basics.

#12     Jul 28, 2005
  3. #13     Jul 28, 2005
  4. tcosync

tcosync

#14     Jul 28, 2005
  5. pdonlevy

pdonlevy

I have the Toni Turner book mentioned above, and I think it is a great place to start.

She explains bid and ask, some basic candle patterns, top down stock picking, watching level II, and other things.

It is very clearly written. It does waste about 20 pages in the beginning with a pep talk, but that can easily be skipped.

It is also very inexpensive compared to alot of the books I have seen, so the risk/reward ratio is in the students favor.

#15     Jul 28, 2005
  6. ifinitis

ifinitis

I have to agree with the others on Toni Turner books, they are invaluable, and would provide what you need.

- "a beginner's guide to day trading online", "a beginner's guide to short-term trading", and the new one she just published, "Short-Term Trading in the New Stock Market".

All three of these books were must reads for me. Although she touches on some of the same ground in all 3, it is not exactly the same and the majority is different. In fact, I re-read them and always something new sticks that did not the first time I read it.

She also has other books in her web site, http://www.toniturner.com. The site has a good list of other study material too look at and has some Tutorials on it.

This site http://www.traderslibrary.com/ lists all the books out there is you wish to look through it.

Hope that helps and good luck!

#16     Jul 28, 2005
  7. Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy.

#17     Aug 2, 2005