Good AND bad

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lojze, Apr 5, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

Where can I read a lot about good AND bad things when trading with professional firm?

Lojze

2. lojze

lojze

Correct, Robert.

Even very good start.

Thank you.

Lojze

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Lojze,

You should also do a search on Elite if you haven't already. Use "proprietary" or "professional" or any of the names of the firms (Echo, Bright, etc.). There are several detailed threads over the last year or 2 that deal with pros and cons.

Kirk

4. nitro

nitro

lojze,

Someone posted this - I thought it was "interesting." I do not know about the validity of it. Just FYI.

http://www.daytradingstocks.com/ProTrader Firms.pdf

FWIW, I will be joining prop soon. I currently trade using Direct Access (retail.)

nitro

5. our website (articles of interest) about professional trading in Stocks and Commodities...

6. hey, don, you are back so soon? how are the nurses treating you? are you getting lots of sponge baths? :-D

7. lojze

lojze

Nitro,

Why did you decide to join prop' firm?

Because you feel to be good enough to be able to earn good money from trading? Or for any other reason?

Lojze

8. nitro

nitro

1) I should be able to negotiate my _COMISSIONS_. It's a business, and this is my number one overhead.

2) Access to capital.

3) Access to bullets and conversions. I have to see if SSF's will make it easier to short efficiently and cheaply though.

4) Working from home has advantages, but I miss the routine, or feeling, of being around other people. If I can, I will mix office and home.

5) Exposure - trading is an individual sport, but all of us have a desire to learn and share with people we befriend.

nitro

9. nitro you can't fool me you're joining for the wild parties and the women hehe

#10     Apr 9, 2002