Good advice

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by brooklyn_3p3, Feb 23, 2007.

1. I may be in the minority here, but I love Jim Cramer's Mad Money. The stuff he says makes sense (most of the time), and he knows what he's talking about. I made several investment ideas off him.

Also I like Smart money magazine when they have 12 stocks each year. I got 1 of their choices and it has done quite well!

Can anyone recommend some good books / Site that I could read or learn from on stock market investing since I'm new?

Thanks

2. Boy Brooklyn you and Manhattan can be soooo far apart.
    Smart Money is really, honestly, except for Esquire, the worst magazine I have ever read! And I'm a subscriber.
    This new editor has led us down a path of wine and cheese tastings and ten things your drycleaner won't tell you. Their picks are carefully put together so they appear to be doing well but I have picked apart their portfolios before backdating them to BEFORE the issue came out and it's all very ordinary-- to bad.

Kramer I can't stand him or his show. I personally have seen so many bad calls by him stks not to buy that shoot to the moon stks to buy that go absolutely nowhere. He is all over the place & no place all at once.

Consider yourself lucky to have emerged from those two media hell holes with an idea or two that are working.....

3. You're right. You're in the minority.

4. Donkell

Donkell

brooklyn_3p3

I may be in the minority here, but I love Jim Cramer's Mad Money. The stuff he says makes sense (most of the time), and he knows what he's talking about. I made several investment ideas off him.

Also I like Smart money magazine when they have 12 stocks each year. I got 1 of their choices and it has done quite well!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your approach is going to bust you account. There are no Gurus. There is no one out there that has all the answers, stop looking outside yourself.

If you are just starting and from your message, I would guess you are, start following a few stocks and try to see a pattern in what they do.
    Another place is check the most active high and lows for the day and follow them for awhile.

Read, read, read and then read some more about stocks if that is what you are trading and want to become a successful trader.

Don't look to someone else to tell you what to do because there is no one, once again, no one, who can't get a few predictions correct.

This is a pretty good board for learning. There are a lot of different ones, and some of the best are free. Remember if the guys on TV, guys selling their ideas, or any place that charges you to tell you how to turn a 1.00 into a million could predict with any type of consistent accuracy, why would they be doing other things to make their money.

don
    PS You can do it, but it's not easy. If you are willing to take the time to learn you can put the odds in your favor.

5. mother

mother

Just go searching on the internet where you find anything.

Mother,