GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

B1, I have never attacked you. I might poke fun at some of the things you say, and I have called you out on the ES trades, but I don't take cheap shots at people. I give you sh*t on this thread because I know what I'm talking about. I was playing golf before I could read. Not because of family money, but because of my bud from kindergarten in parochial schools who has turned out to be a lifelong chum, had parents that owned a public course. It was our playground. The whole place. Range and all. Even banged up a few golf-carts.... those were the best. Never spent a penny. We would even go out and dive in the lakes for golf-balls and sell them 2 for $1 all day long. Sunup to sundown B1... all we did was play golf. As I said before, I was breaking 80 fairly consistently before I went to college. And that was no longer just on that course because as I got older I was recruited to caddy for a couple local club pro's and they let me play on their courses... for free. Two of the courses were LPGA event courses. Had my high school had a golf team, looking back.... , I probably could have gotten a scholarship somewhere. Possibly division 1, but div 2 for sure.. and I was too stupid and too big of a party'er to figure out that I could walk-on. I quit playing in my 20's pretty much because where I lived... it was no longer free. Picked it back up at 30 when the money came in. I've been around golf some B1. In a big way. And that said, note....I could never consistently break 75... in fact it was very rare. Less than 5 times maybe. And it wasn't for the lack of trying... oh did I try... all thru my 30's... hence the bad back... and hence the reason I won't play anymore. Life without pain is more important than golf. Surgery is hit and miss and if I'm not in pain... I'm going with that and I sure as hell ain't playin' golf.

So if I call you out or offer tips, its because I know wtf I'm talking about. Ya know one hole will ruin an entire round; trust me. You've never talked about the sand on this thread. Play a real course and wind up in a deep bunker and see what happens.

Anyway... I couldn't let that post of yours slide. I don't attack people. On the other threads, you have to admit... your epic "we're in a bear market" call from early last March that you maintained until a few weeks ago and has now flip flopped to "we're in a fresh new parabolic bull market" is comedy material. So whatever.

I do want to go hit a $3200 iron though. I mean for real. I'll just hit a couple soft 6 irons. That was always my money club anyway. That and my putter. Which I still have btw... and I have never changed... from grade school. An H&B blade. Deadly wicked with that one.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    #251     Nov 20, 2019
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here ya go B1. You probably have a Titleist "Scotty Cameron Tour" putter I'm sure...
    http://tourputtergallery.com/scotty...ewport-t22-terylium-circle-t-w-sight-dot.html

...but this one here, the H&B PowerBilt blade, its what all the pro's used back in the day. Its the real "Billie Baroo". And I never missed.
    upload_2019-11-20_19-39-29.jpeg

upload_2019-11-20_19-40-37.jpeg

#252     Nov 20, 2019
  3. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

I'm honored. I was already IGNORED by you previously.

#253     Nov 20, 2019
  4. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

Just FYI, I did play DI golf and I was a scratch golfer for a number of years. So yes, I too, know what I'm talking about.

I don't take cheap shots at people, I take shots at people who show zero interest in having any sort of conversation and just make vanity posts.

Anyway, last post. Have your fun with this guy.

#254     Nov 20, 2019
  5. RRY16

RRY16

Cut him some slack I think his cat OD’d, something about a syringe or something. Nothing a little retail therapy can’t help get him thru.

#255     Nov 20, 2019
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I have to agree.
    He makes a good point B1. Conversation does seem to be a forgotten art on your part, but whatever.

Anyway... I did just read that thread you wrote regarding the loss of your pet. No words for that one. "Sorry" doesn't help I know... but I mean it fwiw.
    She must have been a good cat to hang out with you.

#256     Nov 20, 2019
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Much straighter and longer and a nice round of 83. Now we'll continue to work on the short game and the putter. Drives were constistently 106 MPH and above and regularly in the fairway, so I am good there now.

#257     Nov 21, 2019
  8. Bullus

Bullus

I'm new to golf. I've been playing it for a year or so, but not too often. But this was enough for me to fall in love with it. It is one of the most relaxing hobbies that I had and I want to do it more often because the more often we are relaxed, the higher our productivity is and the more we'll live. I believe that the first cause of people dying today is the lack of relaxation. And that's why I want to get deeper into it. So, I want to buy a golf club set, to cover all my needs. The ones that I saw on https://golfclubguru.net/best-golf-clubs/ seem decent, but are they good for real? Some help would be welcomed.

#258     Dec 2, 2019
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm not an expert pn club selection. I recommend that you get fitted for clubs by a golf pro. Welcome to the game!

#259     Dec 2, 2019
  10. RRY16

RRY16

False, getting fitted for a set of clubs does not require a golf pro.

#260     Dec 3, 2019