GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Was able yesterday to hit less than driver on several holes that I haven't been able to before. The new hips and the swing speed training have been very beneficial in that regard. I did a little better with 41 on the front nine and 43 on the back nine for 84. Happy for now.

#201     Aug 2, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

If you're honestly shooting 84 on a par 72 course you are doing well.
    As I said before, your goal since you enjoy it so much should be to eventually shoot your age. Thats a fun goal. I used to play with an old guy, he was a little teeny tiny Iranian cat... sneaky Pete we called him... he re-shafted and re-gripped clubs and stuff like that in his garage for cheap, that's how I met him, but he was like 84ish and he had shot his age several times. He was a good golfer. Didn't hit it long. But he hit it straight and he was good around the greens. Just like I've told you from the start.

#202     Aug 2, 2019
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Played 9 last evening and had a nice 43. I have been experimenting with golf ball position in stance for different lofts and soon I think I'll be in the 30s.

#203     Aug 16, 2019
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I have been working hard on my lag and incorporating a much more flat swing. Right now, the results are really good in terms of distance and direction. I still have the tendency to release the club a bit too early and swing "under" the ball , but when I don't, I can see the difference and it's a big one.

#204     Aug 29, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

upload_2019-9-6_11-46-39.png

#205     Sep 6, 2019
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I have been working steadily on forearm and wrist strength using curls, squeezing and machine. I figured out about 2 weeks ago that the more connected my arms are to my body through the swing, the more accurate the shot is and I really don't give up distance. The forearm and wrist strength is now the last piece that I need to work on to get into the low 80's and high 70's. It may take many months to get this strength where it needs to be. I would be interested in knowing what Baron does for forearm and wrist strength in order to help my progress---Ishmael.

#206     Sep 11, 2019
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Your boy and LG are playing with Gary Player this afternoon. He's 83. Lets see if he shoots his age.

#207     Sep 28, 2019
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I plan on working the next several sessions on planting and rotating on front foot better. I noticed that my weight shift from back to front may be costing me some power and causing the angle of attack to be too high.

#208     Oct 2, 2019
  9. RRY16

RRY16

From the looks of your music taste you gotta be pushing 60, you might want to quit wasting so much time and energy on power and distance. Another thing, your trading has gone in the shitter, probably due to your TDS.

#209     Oct 2, 2019
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhh....
    If you think too much about things, odds are you won't accomplish much in the way of improvement.

If I picked up a pebble and a stick... and I said to you "toss that pebble in the air and hit it as far as you can".... your body would have no preconceived notions of what to do and yet your natural instincts would smack the sh*t out of it. Without thinking.
    Thats kinda the way you need to think about your golf swing B1.
    ....Just don't overthink it. Pretend your dancing. Use headphones with good music and let the world go by. Ya gotta feel your natural rhythm. No one can define that for you but you. Its getting your head in a certain place. That's the key B1. Just trust me on this one ok. Music does help. Try it.

Edit: 21 pages later. https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/golf.311871/reply?quote=4496739

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    #210     Oct 2, 2019