Golf Players question for ya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Steelhead, Jan 27, 2004.

1. jem

jem

Tour stiff shaft ,high kick point and lots of practice. When I practicing a lot that was fun. However, I believe Johnny Miller when he said that the pros hit a bunch of the new drivers looking for the really hot face. Then they match it up with one of those new balls and the right shaft and they gain at least fiften sometimes 30 yards.

#11     Jan 28, 2004
  2. I tried to convince my ex on that but she just couldn't swallow it.

:confused:

#12     Jan 29, 2004
  3. Perhaps it wasn't stiff enough.

#13     Jan 29, 2004
  4. Did he mention they have the faces milled to get extra COR? That's why Tiger and some others were arguing for club testing at the first tee of tournaments. It's an open secret that some guys are using illegal drivers. I can't even imagine what goes on on the Nationwide Tour.

#14     Jan 29, 2004
  5. jem

jem

No, not in the Golf Digest article that he writes monthly. If that is cheating then I am not pleased with those guys. Half the fun of watching is seeing how much better the pros are then my best. Now, I do not really know do I.

#15     Jan 29, 2004
  6. Ok confession time....I don't even have a driver...i threw it into a lake in cobblestone in 1998.....I drive with a 3 or 4 iron and can usually go 220 and if the wind is right close to 250 down the middle....no hook, no slice....all my buddies use the driver hoping for the ultimate 270-300 yard drive ....but out of every 9 holes they are lucky if one of them goes strait....i just plug along and go 4 iron, 8-7 iron from about 130-150 and hope to be on the green.....anyone else cheat like me?:D

#16     Jan 29, 2004
  7. jem

jem

sort of, I stuck with my tour stiff, high kick point driver when my friends all went to these new ti clubs. They gained some distance, but I was so accurate with my driver I never switched until I broke it.

My brother who teaches golf got me a great deal on a new taylor made r whatever. When I take it to the range I can really crack it high and deep, but I am also all over the place. I may have to go to the 3 wood thing.

#17     Jan 29, 2004