golf is not even a sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock777, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Have you seen this?

YOU are hated the world over.

#21     Jun 29, 2010
  2. \

dude, the question was a metaphor for the damage the obsama administration, hft, illegals, dykey nominees, et al, are doing to the nation.

thus that response was more than appropriate. who gives a shit about golf.

#22     Jun 29, 2010
  3. More than a sport, on an amateur level, it's a gathering. I've played in many organized men's games over the years, and don't play very often anymore. But you get on the driving range and listen, it's amazing. You hear about the car business, air cond/heating, construction........ all of it.

I had breakfast w / an old friend Saturday, and he said "we all thought you were crazy. for ten years you said this would happen. Now, I sing your praises." You see, the majority of humans only seem to care when something directs them directly. That's happened. Now, they see. Too bad, too late. Many of these guys lost all their 401's, etc. and they don't play much either. I'm just busy. Because you can play for 20 bucks. Really.

Is it a sport? Sure. It is the most difficult thing to do at an advanced level that the amateur can attempt.But it's an economic juggernaut, and at the same time indicator. Clubs everywhere host(ed) parties, booze, food, events, as well as golf. That is leaving rapidly. It is the one athletic endeavor you can attempt at an advanced age, and still feel competition. Nothing like thrashing a 75 year old in a tournament. But whatis happening now is a return to maybe the late 70's and early 80's. Only the fanatics will be playing. That's a big shrink in economic activity, and jobs. A golf course can easily employ 100 people.

and manufacturers. Remember the early 90's? Cobra, Callaway. All hot clubs and stocks. Didn't Norman sell Cobra to Fortune Group and Titleist? Big part of his fortune. And Chris Evert? He married Chrissy? And they make fun of Tiger.

Now, that's rambling.:D

#23     Jun 30, 2010
  4. is Nascar a sport? :D

#24     Jun 30, 2010
  5. r-in

r-in

NO!!!!, ROFL....Turning left every couple seconds is not a sport. TT Isle of Man, now that is sport.

#25     Jun 30, 2010
  6. have you ever tried to drive one? takes a lot of skill to keep it off the wall let alone 3 inches from someone's bumper lap after lap

#26     Jun 30, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is burger eating a sport?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnmaUxukLlE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnmaUxukLlE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#27     Jun 30, 2010
  8. I just finished a round of the "non sport". I hit a big drive dead down the center on the last, a par 5, followed by a 3 wood out of the fairway to just off the green. It was a thing of beauty. I'm chipping for eagle and end up with a f'n SNOWMAN. ARRRGH! It's a love/hate thing for sure. Good time with friends though.

#28     Jun 30, 2010
  9. jem

jem

flytiger is right on this one.

#29     Jun 30, 2010
  10. tigers don't fly :)

#30     Jun 30, 2010