Goldman's Cohen Sees S&P 500 Rising 14% by 2008's End

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bgp

bgp

thanks for the post cd23.

bgp

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. I've got 1660 as a target, last time I checked, on my long-term stuff, where I have to care about this kind of thing.
    Not so far from hers.
    The real poop is not jamming the ventilation just because some losers took out mortgages they could never pay off.
    The real poop will stuff the HVAC when the macro conditions, which always come post some war or other, are in place.
    Right now, the Iraq war is still going on. The inflation/deflation/general instability generated by it won't happen until it's over.
    Post WWI, we had a large inflation, accompanied by a roaring economy. The Great Depression was the hangover from all that.
    Post WWII, we had, in the US, a big spike in inflation, and a record number of strikes. Fortunately, things worked out a bit better after the first few years, but it was touch and go for a bit there.
    Post Vietnam, we had a big spike in inflation and a final end to any semblance of a peg to gold. Once again, things worked out, but it was definitely touch and go for a long time after.
    Post Iraq? A big spike in inflation, for sure. It's what accompanies it and follows it that'll be really interesting.

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. bgp

bgp

gs is heavily short the market and very bearish.

bgp

#13     Dec 5, 2007
  4. Small Sample Bias against a bullish backdrop? :p

#14     Dec 6, 2007
  5. Abby may finally be on target because of 2008 being an election year. We'll see. :D

#15     Dec 6, 2007