Goldman will earn 700 bln $ next year?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Sep 20, 2008.

1. GIMME A FU(%ING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GS CRIES FOUL WHEN THEY GET HAMMERED BY THE SAME FOLKS THEY TOOK A STICK TO???????????
    utter and complete crap-they are getting what they deserve-they are part of the cause of the whole market decline-they were short in the back room while-SELLING CDO/SIV in the front room last year!!! the wall street journal says they made BILLIONS ON THE WHOLE THING! and they were not done either with the markets i am sure-they have been one of the biggest short accounts in the WHOLE MARKET!
    it is a shame that all that money siphoned off of the markets the last few years is going right back to ISRAEL so they Re-build Solomon's temple on the dome of the rock in Jerusalem !!!
    this is all a crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i agree NAKED short selling is wrong-especially the market makers playing games with stock prices-players should determine a stocks price(buyers and sellers) not MM and buyer, MM and seller-everyone needs to see that the MM controls the stock unless there is too much volume-so MM can now manipulate a stock to their whim depending on the parent companies decision on where they want their stock price to go to?????????-how will MM generate money for their firms if there is no volitility???-AAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    make em all walk the plank to davey jones locker!

#11     Sep 21, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

You guys really ought to quit saying this... it's right up there with the most stupid words ever uttered...

For your words to be right, Bush would have had to campaign on the platform of... "If you elect me, I'm going to:

1. Lie through my teeth to justify starting a war in the Middle East.. where I will waste $Trilions of taxpayer dolls and waste countless American lives.

2. I will pass legislation which tramples individual rights which were guaranteed you in the Constitution.

3. I will rape the public purse to give money to Wall Street incompetents and crooks."

If he'd so campaigned and we'd have voted for him, THEN your statement would be correct.

Your statement "American's must have wanted it" is as moronic as saying "A woman who got raped must have wanted it... after all she DID go outside of her house after dark"

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. Buffett came out today and admitted a $5 billion investment in Goldman.

this is incredible and will push the stock up to $200

still long and holding GS, awaiting much higher prices

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. BUFFET MAY THROW 5 B TWARDS GS AS A PUMP AND DUMP PLOY TO TRY TO CALM RETAIL INVESTORS-WE ARE TOO SMART TO BE FOOLED-BUFFET WILL HEDGE THAT BET SOMEHOW AND THE STRIKE PRICE IS 115 $$$$$$$$$
    HE COULD TAKE A LOSS THAT DEFERS TAXES ETC ETC OR GET A BACKROOM PAYOUT FOR A PUBLICITY STUNT IN A ELECTION YEAR-UNLESS GS IS CHERRY PICKING THE BEST DEBT FOR ALL THESE COMPANIES GLOBALLY-IF WE END UP IN DEPRESSION A WHEEL BARROW FULL OF MONEY FOR A LOAF OF BREAD-WERE WE ALL BE??????????????????? AND GS??????????????
    AND BUFFET?????????????

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. G-Boa

G-Boa

So what you're really saying is Buffett "donates" 8% of his net worth to GS, which he lends through his company at 10% with some saucy warrants for good measure.

Not much of a loss if he loses it. Kinda like the Prince Alwaleed of Citigroup.

#15     Sep 24, 2008