Goldman to move 1000 UK jobs to Spain - angry over bonus surcharge ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Dec 23, 2009.

1. patchie

patchie

Who gives a rats ass. Goldman does absolutely nothing for me and neither does he UK. Let Blankfein focus all his attentions on compensation. It certainly shows his true colors.

#11     Dec 23, 2009
  2. But remember he is doing God's work. :D :p

#12     Dec 23, 2009
  3. perhaps they should drop the "L" from GOLDMAN then :cool:

#13     Dec 23, 2009
  4. How long before Spain puts in a tax on them? How hilarious would it be? Goldman moves the operation to Spain, and 1 year later Spain hits them up.

#14     Dec 23, 2009
  5. LOL. The tempest in a cup. They're just trying to negotiate a part of their taxes away, by whining. I would be interested though where the $3.2bn comes from. If this is GS we're talking about, it's safe to say that it is mostly trading charges, ie. stamp duty. No relocation would lower that. Let's see how they will front-run, pardon sir, execute flash orders from Spain... :D If the UK gov. thinks logically :p here, they would call GS's bluff.

#15     Dec 23, 2009
  6. that`s essentially how it works...enticing finance,multi-nationals,etc with attractive tax laws....then they turn up the flame.

#16     Dec 23, 2009
  7. I'll gladly sell him my Grandpappy's preachin' robes, for the right price of course!:D

#17     Dec 23, 2009
  8. ahh.. F@ck UK and any other country that wanna f@ck with the Bulls..:)

#18     Dec 23, 2009
  9. clacy

clacy

I could give a sh*t less about GS and their bonuses, but it goes to show that there is a breaking point on taxes at which they become counter productive to revenues.

NYC proved this as well.

#19     Dec 23, 2009
  10. how much did their employees pay? And how much would it cost if those employees lose their jobs?

#20     Dec 23, 2009