Goldman to be paid $1bn if CIT fails

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 4, 2009.

1. you change my previous post and are plain wrong on several issues:

1) Mentioned Boa/Merrill, obviously (except for you) pointing to the Merrill brokerage unit, one of the longer standing houses so the comparison with GS is more than fair.

2) JPM has also been a brokerage house for decades, no idea what you are talking about, long time before they merged with Chase Manhattan. You clearly show that you are the one without a clue.

3) When I mentioned "banking" it refers to corporate clients doing investment banking and advisory business with GS, again you make it apparently clear that you are absolutely clueless about the lingo.

4) GS was one of the first houses to fully repay any and every government aid. You are a plain liar by insisting otherwise.

5) Working at GS is for losers? Well you have your opinion but some prefer making good money over punting 1-2 ES positions such as you seem to do.

Take it up with whoever you want but first get your facts straight and especially dont involve others in some needless word plays just to twist the meaning.

Enough said

#41     Oct 7, 2009
  2. Getting personal after running out of arguments which you did not even get straight in the first place...

My last comment to you, I wish you nonetheless good luck, daytrader ;-)

#42     Oct 7, 2009
  3. Really?

Then CIT WILL fail, for sure.
    GS rules.

#43     Oct 7, 2009
  4. jem

jem

Anyone with a brain can see how GS is ruthlessly tied in with the Government.

They have used their position and connection in government to make billions and billions.

There were able to extreme counterparty risk because they had a government backstop.

Don't even think you can come on this board at act like GS is good.

Goldman and their buddies rigged the mortgage market and it blew up in the tax payers face to the tune of trillions.

You aisaprop are a cancer. Goldman was willing to destroy our economy for short term profits. That type of behavior should not be rewarded with bailouts - it should be punished with banishment from the markets or treason.

If you try and say that Goldman did not know what it was doing - explain why Goldman bought billions worth of puts from AIG.

#44     Oct 7, 2009
  5. GS made believe they needed the TARP money.

GS even became a commercial bank to get the almost interest-free money from the Fed.

GS profited big (for example google about the USO roll), but they hid their big profits to get the TARP funds.

#45     Oct 7, 2009
  6. GS is not good?
    But they aren't bad either.
    They are jsut smart.

GS profited early from the housing boom.
    When they realized it was getting out of hand to become a bubble, they got out and shorted (by purchasing CDSs).

Again, they are just smart; and reallistic enough to be aware that bubbles bust.

#46     Oct 7, 2009
  7. GS rigged the mortgage market? Its getting better and better. You really think this mess has nothing whatsoever to do with hundreds of thousand of Americans who totally overextended their credit and ability to service their debt?

And since when is a market participant not allowed to purchase puts anymore? I admit I am not familiar with what kind of puts and to what extend, but if they were listed then there is no issue whatsoever, if they were OTC and especially if AIG wrote them then the investigators should be all over AIG NOT GS.

You guys are truly pathetic. If there was an ECN full of ET members, only, then I would even pay for ET membership.

#47     Oct 7, 2009
  8. 1) Uhm no, it's not obvious. BoA got into IB years before the Merrill deal. You're obviously not up to date, boy.

2) J.P. Morgan Chase is ONE company which consists of retail banking & investment banking. Their retail side is much larger than the investment side, in fact their biggest revenue producer is commercial lending. You mentioned JPM as in the stock ticker, which is JP Morgan CHASE, not just the investment banking side of JPM.

3) This is not an IB board nor a chatroom. You're mentioning a large umbrella bank, like JPM, at the same time. I'm familiar with the lingo, but in case it's not obvious, the focus is not on IB deals, but on shady GS practices, which moreso focus on their Sales & trading, as well as prop divisions, and whatever other JV & sub LLCs they set up to conduct operations. That is not "banking", any way you put it.

4) Bullshit. First of all, several smaller regionals straight out repaid it a month after because they realize they did not want a part o fit. Second all, GS had & still has extensive access to TALF and Fed discount window. Third of all, Goldman was one of the biggest receivers of AIG bailout, which was an utter scam.

5) I called you a moron and people like you. With that statement, are you, ,once again, claiming to be an employee of GS? Answer the question. Please do, please try to lie and claim you work for GS when I know, for a fact, you do not.

I have my facts straight, while you keep on your retarded GS cheer. Do you foam at the mouth when you make these posts? You think you're all that and anyone who disagrees with you is stupid, sad, broke, etc, etc. So just leave it alone, GS fanboy, and go back to begging for a job outside GS office building.

#48     Oct 7, 2009
  9. Their net position on housing was in the hole so bad that they would have been bankrupt if not for the super fast measures to convert them into a bank holding company. GS still had to generate cash ASAP, hence the oil fut contracts dump and the subsequent $10 bil TARP. Then came the AIG payouts.

Smart is not a doubt, but it is on a certain protected arena. GS was smarter than Lehman, Citibank and Merrill. But in an overall scope, it's like proclaiming one welfare recipient smarter than the other cause he is getting more money from the program by sleeping with the government employee. Meanwhile Lehman is the one who made the unwanted advances and got rejected.

#49     Oct 7, 2009
  10. you are the biggest moron out there. So, GS is responsible for a) the housing crisis, b) the oil spike and subsequent dump, c) they killed AIG, d) they killed CIT?

I think you are just a wining wanker who never made it to the first round interviews otherwise there is no way in this world that can explain your hatred with this company.

On ignore!!!

#50     Oct 7, 2009