Goldman to be paid $1bn if CIT fails

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 4, 2009.

1. gosh, no. At that time when the conversion was discussed the first time the term "tarp" was not even minted. Maybe you can find me another investment bank that would have had a longer breath during the darkest hours in 2008? If GS failed we would not be talking here...and you would not be punting your 1 ES lots anymore...

#21     Oct 5, 2009
  2. the1

the1

That is absolute nonsense. If GS failed the world would have ended? The markets would have shut down and never open again?

#22     Oct 5, 2009
  3. that was speculation on my side EXACTLY THE SAME SPECULATION as saying without TARP GS would be dust.

#23     Oct 5, 2009
  4. the1

the1

My mistake, they converted to a Bank Holding Company so they had access to credit from the Federal Reserve. If they were in such great financial shape why did they have to make such a bold move and subject themselves to tighter scrutiny from the Fed? Why on earth would you want the Fed meddling in your business if you don't have to? The answer is painfully simple: because they desperately needed to tap the Feds unlimited supply of money.

"While accelerated by market sentiment, our decision to be regulated by the Federal Reserve is based on the recognition that such regulation provides its members with full prudential supervision and <b>access to permanent liquidity and funding</b>," said Lloyd Blankfein, chairman and chief executive of Goldman Sachs, in a statement.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/goldman-sachs-morgan-stanley-to-become-bank-holding-companies

#24     Oct 5, 2009
  5. if you did well in trading why would you want to keep on bitching about GS like every other moron in this thread? Isnt that a much more pressing question to find and answer to?

Those who just cant let go off GS have already demonstrated to possess very limited if any trading skills!!!

#25     Oct 5, 2009
  6. the1

the1

How do you equate bitching about GS with poor trading skills? Your method of coming to that sort of conclusion is painfully flawed.

#26     Oct 5, 2009
  7. well, someone who obsesses over digging every last piece of news that relates GS to some sort of negative press and doing a horrible job at researching how things really came together (you demonstrated that very clearly couple posts back) most likely has issues analyzing markets accurately and drawing conclusions for yourself instead of jumping on the "we hate GS" bandwagon. Plus take a look at other posts by the chief GS opponents in charge here, that tells you everything you need to know. I dont know about other posts by you but your lack of due diligence just demonstrated a lot of carelessness. More pointers needed?

#27     Oct 5, 2009
  8. the1

the1

No. It demonstrates a lack of time. Christ dude, I'm not writing a fucking thesis on the topic LOL. I was posting from memory and from that you conclude I have no trading skills? Don't bother. Just go along cheerleading for GS and kissing their ass while they reach into your pocket.

#28     Oct 5, 2009
  9. Not as funny as your obvious lack of a proper IQ to exercise proper reading fundamentals. I never said anything of the sort. CIT was going down on their own due to their lending practices.

Are you trying to suggest that you actually work for GS in their prop trading with your bonuses remark?

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. you still dont get it...I dont reach into their pocket, its the other way around...amateur

#30     Oct 5, 2009