Goldman Sachs Trading Unit.....Interesting Developing Story

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Jul 5, 2009.

1. the1

the1

Are we not forgetting that GS and the Treasury are virtually one and the same? Right about now Geithner is picking up the phone listening to the voice on the other end crying, "paaaalease, sweep this under the rug!" Ain't nothing gonna happen to the racket at GS.

#11     Jul 5, 2009
  2. telozo

telozo

Hm, so they do use secret formulas after all. I thought they just used inside information.

#12     Jul 5, 2009
  3. Ok, while I am certainly no fan of Goldman (I still have the pompous rejection letter they sent me about a dozen years ago) I am guessing nothing will come of this...after all, all the higher- ups basically come form GS.

Also, Zero Hedge is a great blog and they aren't in the game of trying to get hush money. Read thru their many posts and you'll get a feel for what they are about.

#13     Jul 5, 2009
  4. it's easy. I could write in no time winning code if I had order flow info by trader group... information is what makes difference. TA is attempt of modelling of evolution of emotions. Extra info gives actual emotional state of market at point in time which is better. and to which side market prone to break, so you push a little and here you go buy back at better price....

#14     Jul 5, 2009
  5. I agree about Tyler Durden at Zero hedge - I have been following that blog since it began. He's on a crusade like the old muckraker journalists during the early 1900s, he's not letting this go.

As for Goldman's enormous influence - it's just that, influence. Although government has been captured by special powerful interests, on paper, it is still a Democratic Republic we live in with rules. If there are enough fingerprints and smoking guns that a persistent and curious public is aware of - not even the powerful can escape such scrutiny.

We still don't have enough facts, and yes, it may blow over.... But I'm thinking this could get real interesting.

#15     Jul 5, 2009
  6. the1

the1

When it comes to finance about the only thing the lay public understands is my taxes are paying AIG's bonuses. Anything above and beyond that falls into the category of sheer confusion. Without the knowledge and support of the public financial shenanigans fall by the wayside rather quickly. If this doesn't gather quick momentum it will die by Tuesday.

#16     Jul 5, 2009
  7. I was at a 4th of July party - upper middle class professionals - Engineers, Software developers, Insurance and retail finance guys.

I brought up these kind of topics and I got glassy eyed stares by most or worse- "but the stock market is up, things must be getting better" response. And then one of their little kids does something "cute" and then the topic changes to Michael Jackson.... So I let it go.

I hate the fact that you are more than likely right.

#17     Jul 5, 2009
  8. Guys, the important questions are:

- What is the "German Website"?
    - Are the files still available on that site? (Doubt it).

#18     Jul 5, 2009
  9. IMO it would be useless since we dont have the infrastructure/ressources to implement it. And this is in the unlikely case we are capable or reading it.
    But yes, this is the right attitude.

#19     Jul 5, 2009
  10. ipatent

ipatent

I've read that GS has its own programming language.

#20     Jul 5, 2009