Goldman Sachs Trading Unit.....Interesting Developing Story

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Jul 5, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

2. ...

The case against Aleynikov may explain why the New York Stock Exchange moved quickly last week to stop reporting program stock trading for its most active firms. Goldman was often at the top of the chart — far ahead of its competitors.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!! LOL !!!:p :p :p

3. toc

toc

Guess 49% program trading leaves a little magic for retail end day trader. Guess position trading is the only way to go.

:D

4. ipatent

ipatent

So what dirty little secrets are embedded in the program code? Front running algorithms? PPT support algorithms?

5. This could sink Golden Slacks to the firey depths of hell.
    Buying puts and lovin every minute of their mis-fortune!!

6. “development of a distributed real-time co-located high-frequency trading platform.” In his own words, he goes on to describe the platform as “a very low latency (microseconds) event-driven market data processing, strategy and order submission engine.”
    Can someone confirm that microseconds (ie 1x10^-6) is not possible but mili is more realistic or they are talking processing time and not fills.
    Also, you really have to be dumb to think that they dont have 55 encrypted backups of that code. At least a hard copy in a safe somewhere. Even myself, I have several backups of my shit.
    Zerohedge is a marketer who wants to get a check from GS to shut is little mouth. Not a bad business plan.

7. They'll weasel out of it as usual. I hope they get cooked, but the won't.

8. Not a chance, they're protected by the Prince of Darkness.:D

#10     Jul 5, 2009