Goldman Sachs traders receive H1N1 vaccine before dieing children at local hospital

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 5, 2009.

Should Goldman Sachs traders receive vaccine before dieing children at a hospital?

1. Yes, the traders should receive the vaccines ahead of dieing children.

27 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. No, the children are far more important.

41 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. heech

heech

First, every country has its own version of the FDA, and there's an extended approval process. Canada's H1N1 vaccine is not the same as China's is not the same as what's available in the US.

Second, Canada has done a far better job than the US in managing this. This is partly because Canada (and European nations) authorize the use of adjuvants, which increases the supply of vaccine. In the US adjuvants are still not approved for use, because of fears of side effects. (Irrational fears, IMO)

Even so, go Google the news. Canada/Ontario is filled with stories of vaccine shortage.

#31     Nov 5, 2009
  2. heech

heech

Just stop with the bullshit.

Were you suggesting that high risk patients in the Untied States take a flight to Germany?

And what in the world is an "older, yet fully sufficient" version? What kind of pseudo-medical bullshit is that? There does not exist an "older" version of the monovariant influenza A (H1N1) vaccine, and there's a tremendous shortage in the United States as of this moment in time.

#32     Nov 5, 2009
  3. yes, the "2009 xxxxxxx vaccine". You should really read up and maybe a simple google search helps before you disseminate incorrect information!!!

#33     Nov 5, 2009
  4. heech

heech

What the fuck?

#34     Nov 5, 2009
  5. you just proved my point, you are being anal about nomenclature. Yes your "2009 whatever its called in the US" vaccine is on the market for weeks only. Other versions are out for many months now!!!

Do as you said and do a simple google.

#35     Nov 5, 2009
  6. heech

heech

"Nomenclature"? The fact that vaccines approved for use in the US is not available today to the vast majority of very high risk populations, has *never* been available, is "nomenclature"?

And you're suggesting these folks were merely too lazy to get their shots earlier, right? Because they should've just flown to Europe and gotten it done? Brilliant.

Or were you suggesting that Goldman Sachs traders are getting the German-approved H1N1 vaccine?

Just shut the fuck up already.

#36     Nov 5, 2009
  7. I was not suggesting this, but I was suggesting that this very point proves the incompetence of your government and now some try to stick it to GS or Citi? What a joke.

The vaccine was available around the globe in a different form for months yet nobody in the US cared to possibly take precautions. They (the govt) rather relied on someone who could get out a couple doses by now? Thats laughable.

#37     Nov 5, 2009
  8. l2tradr

l2tradr

It's a little puzzling to me that people are under the impression that all members of society are treated equal. Last time I checked, money (and power, influence etc.) buys almost everything. :confused:

#38     Nov 5, 2009
  9. Any of you want a clean version of the vaccine just contact a farming community veterinarian.
    At least one that knows what he or she is doing.

#39     Nov 5, 2009
  10. maybe you should shut up and first start thinking why it is the case that you have hundreds of people lining up in the wealthiest country of the world while in most other parts (emphasis on most not all) the distribution has been gone rather smooth and people have taken precautions already some time ago. And if you have a kid and start caring NOW then you should really shut the fuck up because you are the one to be blamed ALONE!!!

A simple search will support my earlier points. However, my main point was that huge mistakes have been made in preparing for this and now speading bs that some banks are having access to the vaccine while others dont are a blatant lie. Citi received 200 doses, do you have a clue how many work at Citi and claim they are at "high risk" whatever that means? That a hospital got access to less doses of the vaccine are a clear fault of either the hospital or other related bodies but not of any banks.

This is my last post in regards to GS for good because accusations against that firm are getting more and more ridiculous. What else is GS responsible for...

Have fun and despite our disagreement I hope you get for your kids what you think needs to be done.

#40     Nov 5, 2009