Goldman Sachs traders receive H1N1 vaccine before dieing children at local hospital

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 5, 2009.

Should Goldman Sachs traders receive vaccine before dieing children at a hospital?

1. Yes, the traders should receive the vaccines ahead of dieing children.

27 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. No, the children are far more important.

41 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. heech

heech

I'm not remotely concerned for myself, but for those of us who have young children, you think it's only a scare tactic?

Courtesy of the CDC:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2009-2010/images/EIP42_small.gif

#21     Nov 5, 2009
  2. Lethn

Lethn

That's what I mean AngryCat really, I'm just so sick of this kind of bs because first it was nuclear missiles, when that didn't work it was Terrorists, now it's a fucking flu that causes less deaths than any ordinary flu a year. They weren't scared of it being an pandemic they CALLED ON IT being a pandemic the moment it hit!

Young Children and pregnant women should of course get the proper vaccine but anyone else who's perfectly healthy should only get it if they've got health problems. Old people are supposed to even have immunities to it.

And yes, it is a scare tactic, 300 in a country as big as America is hardly a pandemic.

#22     Nov 5, 2009
  3. heech

heech

You've always had a bit of an attitude problem, but I rarely disagree with the substance of what you have to say.

On this issue, however, you're completely full of shit. H1N1 vaccine has *not* been "available for months". The supply problem is well documented from primary sources (like CDC), and has nothing to do with media hype.

#23     Nov 5, 2009
  4. because ordinary people in that country are very very stupid and uneducated. They preach before their children every single day to mistrust the government and everything on a national/governmental level. Now when everyone is in a total panic (which I agree is in most cases completely unwarranted) those same people see themselves as the ones who deserve everything they so much despised before. The true actions of hill billies and rednecks. And those who came up with connection between vaccine shortages and investment banks should be hanged. My God how stupid can people really be?

#24     Nov 5, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

Many ordinary people are ignoring it as they should be, it's the media and the government that are the only ones who are genuinely thinking this flu is a real threat to everyone.

Call me next time when there's a zombie virus spreading and I'll happily get a shotgun.

#25     Nov 5, 2009
  6. the vaccine has been available for several months now, you are so dead wrong. Just nobody gave a shit and suddenly when media pick it up and several already SICK people died because of their insufficient immune system people are rushing to get it as if they cant live without it.

#26     Nov 5, 2009
  7. It been available for 6 weeks, Oct 1st I believe. My Mom has a comprised immune system due to lung disease and is waiting. I am not getting the shot, it only high risk that need it.

My friend in Canada says there is no shortage in Ontario. Part of the problem nobody want to risk mfg. it due to lawsuits, same with regular flu vaccine.

#27     Nov 5, 2009
  8. by the way...in the same way the vaccine has been available in most other industrialized countries for some time now. This was a COMPLETELY predictable event and that governmental health organizations have not better planned ahead is something they should be blamed for, no matter how much I disagree with this current panic.

#28     Nov 5, 2009
  9. you are right the current vaccine has been available for several weeks now (the one described in earlier posts, its called the "2009 H1N1 vaccine"). Other older, yet fully sufficient versions have been available through hospitals and doctors' clinics for months among other countries in Australia, Japan, Germany, I know for certain that it was available in Germany several months ago.

#29     Nov 5, 2009
  10. heech

heech

Again, you are full of shit. CDC lists exact shipment numbers of the vaccine. There may have been samples available for months, and the local county clinic received all of 200 doses in early October. That was it, until the end of October when they received another thousand doses or so.

Do the math on how many people are in the "high risk" priority group, and how many vaccines are available.

#30     Nov 5, 2009