Goldman Sachs reportedly jumps on the bitcoin bandwagon

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Um, yeah. Momentum is momentum and rn, crypto's have it in spades.

Just stay out of the maxi-mindset.

The future is mobile, inter-operable, chain-agnostic and gamified.

#11     Apr 1, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. narafa

narafa

Exactly, the level of insane speculation on mini & micro caps is huge. Too much capital chasing a limited supply of stocks. Eventually the stock supply will over-flood the market to take advantage of that & things will reverse back (Already started in EV/Battery/Alternative Energy space).

There is a saying in my country about Chinese (No offense or racism here), that they essentially eat anything which moves, this is very analogues to what's happening in the market now, capital is just buying any stocks which are offered for sale (Especially what seems to be cheap).

#12     Apr 1, 2021
  3. ET180

ET180

"Grandiose speculations"? Your response implies that you don't understand what you are saying. Claiming that government will not want to relinquish their monetary control (and reserve currency status in the case of the US) is not grandiose speculation.

If there are US lawmakers who are holding bitcoin, I can assure you that they will be the first to get out before it is impacted by any regulation...just as many in congress were able to liquidate their portfolios well ahead of the lockdowns and subsequent market drop last year.

#13     Apr 1, 2021
  4. johnarb

johnarb

fud, fud. You've been spreading fud on bitcoin since 2017, why should anyone listen to your opinions or thoughts on bitcoin?

Tbh, you've caused a lot of harm to others by giving your less than worthless bitcoin analyses. Thousands of % of lost profits if anyone listened to you!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    #14     Apr 1, 2021
  5. ET180

ET180

I seriously doubt my postings here have caused anyone to not buy bitcoin who otherwise would have had it not been for me. My thoughts on Bitcoin are not original. Ray Dalio mentioned the govt ban concern in a yahoo interview last week and he was not the first to consider that either. If your investment ideas can't stand up to critical thought, that's your problem, not mine. At least I'm not talking my book.

#15     Apr 1, 2021
  6. johnarb

johnarb

No one knows how many people you influenced by constantly talking negatively about bitcoin/cryptos when you don't even have anything on the line, not even a short position.

If you have any decency at all, you'd issue an apology to anyone who might have been contemplating an investment in bitcoin and chose not to after reading your comments

I doubt you read my posts, but there are many times I put a disclosure that I have a portfolio position on certain cryptos and absolutely have disclosed my position on bitcoin even the when I increased the position

Obviously your criticisms don't affect my investment decisions, I don't care about useless opinions especially from someone who has no skin in the game, what you call talking my book just means I'm honest and willing to risk $ on my opinion, what about you?

Dalio is probably buying as he only talked in a negative way about bitcoin recently, unlike you who has been wrong for many years and still has no shame as you continue to discuss this investment space that is clearly way above your head

#16     Apr 1, 2021
    Daal likes this.
  7. ET180

ET180

I think your investment thesis is fragile. Although you claim that my criticisms don't affect your investment decisions, anyone reading your posts can obviously see that you feel threatened by at least some of the points I have brought up here. If I was uttering total nonsense like "1+1 = 3 so therefore Bitcoin will go to 0", then you'd simply laugh and hit the ignore button. Instead you are concerned that other people will agree with the logic that I submit and not buy Bitcoin as a result of further consideration. That's how Bitcoin is different from other investments that produce real value. People owning Deere stock don't frequent message boards such as this and post bullish article after bullish article (talking their book) in a pathetic attempt to get others to buy the stock to push their investment higher. Instead they rely on earnings and the growth of the company to justify their investment thesis as well as attract other investors into buying the stock. Owners of Deere don't feel like they signed up for a full time job of getting other people to buy in because they are confident in the products and business model of the company and don't see the company as a highly speculative pyramid scheme.

As far as apologies, if/when Bitcoin eventually does crash and not come back...will you issue an apology for all the bullish articles and comments you have posted on here that might have convinced other people to buy into it? It's possible to be short-term bullish on something based purely on the highly speculative, simulative, money-printing, zero interest rate environment we are in and long-term bearish on the same asset based on fundamentals. None of this is inconsistent with the points I have discussed here.

#17     Apr 2, 2021
  8. johnarb

johnarb

Threatened by your useless drivel on bitcoin? Whatever you say [​IMG] [​IMG]

Apologize to people who invested in bitcoin and increased their investments multiple times and most likely cashed out their original investment? I hope you can see how stupid you are [​IMG]

Anyway, don't want to seem too hard on you, since you're salty af. Gonna go out for a drive on the new Tesla, this Easter weekend looks like it's gonna be a very nice weekend. I know it's not what you want to hear but crypto pfolio valuation is near ath :cool:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    #18     Apr 2, 2021
  9. ET180

ET180

If it was truly drivel, then you would not have wasted your time responding. Your name calling and excessive amount of emojis clearly demonstrate your insecurity.

#19     Apr 2, 2021
  10. johnarb

johnarb

I must have hit a nerve, you keep suggesting for me to ignore you [​IMG]

What do you have against emojis??? Don't be a [​IMG]

#HaveFunStayingPoor ET180 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20     Apr 3, 2021